Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Very unhappy...don't know what to do.  (Read 112 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Very unhappy...don't know what to do.
« on: June 30, 2014, 06:51:12 PM »
I am at an all new low right now.  I have never been as unhappy now than I have been in my whole life.  I have frequently posted about my recurrent abdominal pain that's been plaguing me for almost 2 years on and off.  Now, the pain is just constant and never lets up no matter what I do.  I have literally been crying for the past 2 days because I am honestly so miserable, that I don't see any point anymore.

I have been to doctor after doctor and every single one of them says I am fine...even after having blood work, x-rays, physical examinations, etc.  I am contemplating making another appointment with my doctor sometime this week and demanding at least an ultrasound.  But, the reason I don't want to is 1.  I don't want to be told I'm fine and be sent on my way and 2.  I don't want to be diagnosed with something really serious.

This pain goes from in my navel, up to my epigastric region, and then literally around the same area on my back - almost where my kidneys are.  My parents saw me crying and they knew something was wrong because I honestly never cry.  But, this is making me cry a lot and I seriously couldn't care less anymore.  All I can say is, I appreciate the support this forum has given me since I became a member and thank you very much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Very unhappy...don't know what to do.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 07:41:01 PM »
Hi Caribou,

Sorry you're been having stomach aches constantly.  Doesn't sound fun.  I had them for a week myself recently and that was bad enough.

So you mind me asking - you've said you've been to the dr a lot, but have you thought of going to see a therapist?  Psychologist? 

For me personally, I'm replacing my desire to seek out doctors reassurance with my desire to fix/solve/alleviate/change my behavior so I don't stress so much and create havoc on my body.

Bocephus
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
Re: Very unhappy...don't know what to do.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 08:59:40 PM »
I agree with Bocephus. You're miserable, but you don't want to go to another doctor because you don't want to be ignored, but you also don't want to diagnosed with anything. You do realize that if they don't tell you you're OK, then the only alternative is that they'll tell you something's wrong.

There is another option, besides visiting yet another doctor and just living with the pain, and that is, as Bocephus said, seeing a therapist or another qualified mental health professional. They most assuredly could help you way more than a cavalcade of doctors.

Have you thought about it? What's keeping you from trying?
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Tags: