Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Introductions: Hello everyone  (Read 50 times)

Offline AmandaNanda

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Angry
    Angry
    • Poke This Member
Introductions: Hello everyone
« on: June 30, 2014, 06:01:55 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Amanda and I have chosen to join this website because I have no one in my life to comfortably talk to about struggles with anxiety. I have severe anxiety and struggle daily with a crippling driving phobia. Along with these comes great humiliation because no one around me understands it or sympathizes with me. I'm in my early 20's and I'm still trying to figure out what to with my life. I'm hoping I can find support and people here who are understanding and who I can share experiences and coping methods with. Thanks for reading!
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introductions: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 06:35:38 PM »
Hello Amanda.  Welcome to Anxiety Zone...  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Amanda, I joined Anxiety Zone last November, for the same reasons that you are here.  I found that the only people that could understand what I was going through with my anxiety/panic disorder with panic attacks, were those that have been through it.  I even had family members with the old mindset that I just needed to put myself up by the bootstraps, and be happy once more.  If it was only that easy, none of us would be here.

So, you are not alone.  You have found a site filled with individuals that are going through what you are experiencing right now, or have been through it, and I have been through it more than once.

It is good to have you here as a member.  The very best to you, Amanda!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline DarDavis95

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introductions: Hello everyone
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 08:05:20 PM »
Hi Amanda!
My name is Darius and i suffer from serve anxiety that comes from my bipolar disorder. I can definitely understand where you are coming from and if you ever need to chat soon i will have that feature available. I just joined and looking for the same thing you are I am only 19 and my whole life struggled to find friends that would stay with me because they didn't understand me or chose not to.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: