Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What is the number #1 Reason - for your fear of taking Medications?  (Read 710 times)

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is the number #1 Reason - for your fear of taking Medications?
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 05:58:37 PM »
My biggest fear is the side affects and how it will make my anxiety high all over again.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing fine, it's all trial and error...

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 24
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 10:34:21 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing :action-smiley-065:

I can really relate to most of the feelings and fears that were shared on this thread.

It is so comforting to know that I we all share many things in common.  :yes:

Thank you  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline H1N1KI

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 05:32:38 AM »
I dont take medications because I personally believe that I don't need them to get better. I know that's not the case for everyone, but I fought to myself through anxiety once before, no meds, and I did it. :-)   I think if I was on meds, I might still be dependent on them because I wouldn't have been forced to make the very hard but very positive life changes my anxiety needed me to make for my life to be healthier (cutting out toxic foods, habits, people, thoughts, leaving a bad relationship, basically changing everything).

Now four years after resolving my anxiety through life changes, yoga, and dietary changes it came back because I fell back into a lot of those old patterns. I want to take meds on some level when its hard, but I know I can do it again...I'm actually quite close to feel great these days) and that I'll have that feeling with me at all times whether or not I have a pill.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snoopy10

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »
Never-Quit, what a great thread!!

For anyone who thinks you are weak for taking medication, you are not.  It takes INCREDIBLE STRENGTH to seek help for mental issues and bravery to start a medication.  The side effects and start up effects are scary, but when we stick with it, we can see results and live a more fulfilling life.  I have taken a hard look at how my anxiety has affected myself and other people and the medication, hands down, has helped.  It's not weak or selfish to take a medication, it's selfless.  Because it's not fun to be around a person with anxiety  :laugh3: ( or to be the person!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 02:14:46 PM »
Never-Quit, what a great thread!!

For anyone who thinks you are weak for taking medication, you are not.  It takes INCREDIBLE STRENGTH to seek help for mental issues and bravery to start a medication.  The side effects and start up effects are scary, but when we stick with it, we can see results and live a more fulfilling life.  I have taken a hard look at how my anxiety has affected myself and other people and the medication, hands down, has helped.  It's not weak or selfish to take a medication, it's selfless.  Because it's not fun to be around a person with anxiety  :laugh3: ( or to be the person!)
Very true I think it's the best thing for me having anxiety makes others have anxiety and I want none of that  :traurig001: Being on medication helps me sleep better without the thought of "what if I have...", "What if I will die of...", I think i have the symptoms of...", "The incubation period for this disease is..." running through my head all night. The only symptom of my medication which I can both use to my advantage (If I'm with my cousins) and also is annoying is insomnia but I think I have slewed up my sleep schedule by sleeping in until the afternoon.  :laugh3: The medication has made me not think as life as a waiting game but it has made me think of life as a special occasion that shall be used to it's fullest.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing fine, it's all trial and error...

Offline 1kate1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 02:46:15 PM »
My fear of starting a new medication is what the side effects will be and how it will incapacitate me.  I take a little pill and the next 12-24 hours (or more) are out of my control and I could be unfunctional - and there's nothing I can do but try to live through it and learn from it.

My fear of being on a medication is what else it's doing to my body.  Something that it helping my anxiety now maybe be starting a disease that won't be apparent for many years - and then the worry about why I need the medication at all - why is my body malfunctioning to the point I need meds to make it work right?  It's a tough one.  Great question!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snoopy10

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 12:10:03 AM »
I thought of one more comment. I take Zyrtec every night because without it, I itch horribly when I go running in the morning. Literally, the itching is so maddening that I can't run more than 2 blocks without stopping. Once I started Zyrtec the itching vanished, and now I run instead of going to the gym - more convenient and I am saving $85 a month!

I don't question the Zyrtec, so why should we question our meds?  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline SRD0288

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 04:37:02 PM »
I haven't even taken a Tylenol for well over a year because I'm fearful that any sort of medication will bring on worse physical symptoms or bring out a disease/seizure, ect. I know this isn't a realistic way of thinking. Starting Lexapro tonight. Time to put my fears to rest and start a new chapter in life.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything