Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Now it's my neck hurting  (Read 148 times)

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Now it's my neck hurting
« on: June 30, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »
I hate this HA crap.  Somehow I got myself so freaking worked up over the weekend that now my neck hurts so bad when I turn it to the left. No idea what I did to it, but I'm convincing myself it must be a tumor......  I have been doing stretches for it and its helping some, but COME ON.  It's one thing after another after another after another.  I am so tired of always feeling sick.  I need a break from this HA crap.

It's got my lip numbness going again and now I am getting dizzy.  WTF?

I have had one physical ailment after another pretty much non stop since last fall.  I really need a break.  I am sick of thinking I am sick all the time.  ENOUGH ALREADY

Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
Re: Now it's my neck hurting
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 11:39:53 PM »
This is a super common symptom of anxiety.  The anxiety causes tight neck muscles and the tight neck muscles cause the dizziness (this is all one of my most common anxiety symptoms - and yes it has freaked me out thinking I have something growing in my neck,  but I don't).  The quickest way to help the symptoms is by seeing a massotherapist.  Otherwise, heating pads, advil, stretching helps, but not as quickly.  Also tight neck muscles will cause numbness and tingling as well. 

Even if you see a massotherapist, if you don't work on the anxiety, the issues will keep coming back.  What are you doing for your anxiety?
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »
Thank you for your reply.  Doc has me on Anti Depressant for anxiety and depression, and a medicine I take in the evening to help with my RLS.  (helps about 60% of the time)

Beyond that, I am not doing much for my anxiety.  I am thinking that it's about time for some therapy, but I am still not all that sure it will be helpful or not.

Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:59:46 PM »
If anxiety is causing those kinds of physical symptoms, and you aren't sure what to do, seeking therapy would be a great step.  It won't magically cure you when you start going, but if you stick with it and do what the therapist says to do (honestly work on what he suggests) then you will start to see a difference.  Although medication is helpful in calming the anxiety, it won't fix the anxiety - you still have to proactively work on that.  Some go to things that help with anxiety are ... regular exercise, good sleeping habits (8hrs a night), breathing exercises, positive self talk, diet, hobbies (that are engaging enough to take you mind off of things) - and these are just some things but they are all things you have to make yourself do and you have to do them regularly to see any real effect.  Hope this helps and you feel better soon.
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Tags: