Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New to group...help for my mom  (Read 57 times)

Offline saddaughter

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to group...help for my mom
« on: June 30, 2014, 03:23:50 PM »
My mom has been suffering from SEVERE anxiety and depression for about a year now.....I don't know what else to do.  She has been an in-patient in a behavioral science unit at a local hospital a couple times.  Her anxiety/depression started after a family fight we had, so she blames my husband for all of her issues.  I try to support her and convince her therapy is what she needs, but all she does is change/cancel her appts all the time and when she does go she doesn't talk about what really bothers her, just talks about her meds, etc., which obviously are not the answer.  I am hoping to find some good info to help her... :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to group...help for my mom
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 04:31:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to group...help for my mom
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 05:10:01 PM »
Welcome Saddaughter, :action-smiley-065:

First of all a big welcome hug for you  :sad0126:

You are such a good daughter - for caring for your mother  :yes:

If you can tell us more about your mom and what type of INFO she is OPEN TO, we might be able to provide some helpful information that she might accept.  :grinning-smiley-003:   Also, is your mom involved or interested in any type of church or spiritual interests?

As a Father, and Grandfather, and having elderly Parents that suffer from dementia and alzheimer's - I know first hand - how difficult  it is to try to get people to change and try to better themselves.   :dazed:

All we can do ... is try our best to help those in need - and sometimes we do succeed in helping those we love - In fact, I believe with enough time and love, we can!!  :nature-smiley-016:

Keep up to good work!   :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: