Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Just an observation of myself...  (Read 353 times)

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 28
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just an observation of myself...
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 03:54:38 PM »
There is a part of me that's excited about all this...but it feels scary to be excited, if that makes any sense what so ever....???   

I understand completely!..  You know why?  because it IS exciting and it IS scary.   :laugh3:   think of it this way:  if you choose to look at this like an adventure, then the adrenaline rush you get will from excitement.  and OH boy "excitement" adrenaline is waaaaaay  more fun than fear adrenaline. 

That is SOOOO true.   And I can feel both of them bouncing back and forth.  It is a major difference between the feelings of excitement and fear.

Well...here's to letting excitement take over!!!!    :winking0008: 

I just thought of something funny.   The first time any tiny bit of flurries come down from the sky...my kids will be outside running around like raving lunatics, trying to make snow angels in the flurries.   We make have to make a sign that says, "Excuse us, we're from Florida"...   :spineyes:

Oh, and the accents...I hope they take our "southern accents" well...
Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »
lol,  you may get some comments  about your accents.   :laugh3:

and the snow stuff...  my  "awwwww story" about that.   as I mentioned our last place was Baton Rouge.  4 of my kids were born there.  Our third child was in fourth grade.  At the P/T conference, her teacher told me this story.  That year there was freak snow storm in mid october.  Anyway the teacher was  teaching and BIG, fluffy snowflakes started coming down.  My daughter just stood up and walked to the window in awe.  Of course all of the other kids were like "big WHOOP".  there was an aide in the class and the teacher told Mrs Smith (or whatever her name was) to please take my daughter outside to experience the snow....  GAWD can you believe that  ;D
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 28
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 04:08:49 PM »
Awww that's so cute!!!   I'm sure they will be in awe.  I'm really looking forward to that first snow experience.  (But, I'm sure by Feb..we'll be over it)!! LOL.

Side note...all my husband's family lives in Louisiana.  They are from, Plaquemine.  It's about 45 minutes from, Baton Rouge.

Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Tags:

anything