Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxious Thoughts  (Read 107 times)

Offline oooyay

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxious Thoughts
« on: June 30, 2014, 02:01:51 PM »
I've been relapsing a bit lately with the anxiety, but I have a question. I've been having a specific anxious thought that I've been talking to my therapist about for the last couple of weeks lately. It's really strange that sometimes this thought seems to give me anxiety and at other times it doesn't actually give me anxiety at all. I've been ruminating on it for quite some time, so can rumination alone make a thought more anxious than it originally was? I feel like that is the only pattern I'm picking up from this. Sorry for being a bit ambiguous here, but I feel like I just want to keep this thought between me and my therapist.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxious Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 05:48:29 AM »
Think of the one thing long enough and you can make it much bigger. One way or the other. Either it will effect you in a bad way. Or you could handle it. But if it is anxiety based it may make things worse for you. Time to learn how to try and switch off at times. Give yourself a break from such thoughts. How to distract your line of thinking.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: