Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Can anyone Relate?  (Read 69 times)

Offline MandiJayne

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can anyone Relate?
« on: June 30, 2014, 12:35:12 PM »
What a year 2014 has been for me B-; It's been the bardest year I have ever had in my life. In January I got very sick and could not get out of bed. I was weak, hurting from head to toe in all my muscles, dizzy, and internal and external tremors. I just woke up one day like this. I was perfectly healthy one night and woke up one morning feeling off. At first I tested positive for Mono (though I did not have a sore throat or a fever.) Once that ran it's course and the tests were coming back normal letting us know it was over I was still having all the symptoms. I went two tons of doctors including Mayo clinic. After Cat Scans, MRIs, tons and tons of blood work, and a spinal tap I was told Fibromyalgia and Anxiety. I will give it to the doctors they tested me for EVERYTHING. I personally thought I had Lymes but 2 times it came back negative (from different labs.) So I am on Pritstiq and Ativan. It helps but doesn't fix the problem. They want to add other meds like Buspar but I do not want any other meds going into my body (I have horrible side effects when I have tried adding Buspar.)
The thing is we think in January I had a nervous break down. I got extremely depressed (which I have never done) I wouldn't stop crying (literally I cried all day long) and I lost my sense of hunger and wouldn't eat (I lost 25 lbs in 8 weeks.) Im better in the sense I can get out of bed, Im not quite as depressed (I cry a few times a week not every day) and I can eat again. I am still dealing with dizziness, tremors, sometimes exhaustion, and this restless leg feeling but throughout my whole body (I think its built up adrenaline because it feels like I need to run, like I want to crawl out my skin.)

Heres what I am worried about: It's been going on for 6 months. Though it is some what better I am worried I will never be the person I use to be. I use to be very active, now thanks to the dizzy spells, tremors, and exhaustion I can't do things for as long as I use to. I use to be able to enjoy life now 24-7 I am worried they missed something and I am dying.  I do NOT want any more meds  :angry-smiley-034: Im a just over putting more chemicals in my body. I am fine staying on what I am already on (It gives me more good days than bad) but there has to be a better way to help myself.

Has anyone dealt with a similar experience.. And has anyone overcome a similar experience. I just need to know I am not alone and there is help.

Thanks and God Bless!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can anyone Relate?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 02:39:42 PM »
Oh, I can relate!!! 2014 has been a crappy year for me, as well. Like you, I was fine before this started. My health anxiety started in January, as well. For me it was a combination of several factors which I believe caused me to essentially "breakdown" -- the LONG winter (I live in New England), not having a vehicle to leave the house (my husband & I have been sharing a vehicle for 3 years now & where we live is very rural), my husband's job (rarely allowed to take time off -- this is probably the biggest part of my "breakdown"), trying to start a business (which ran into several snags that slowed us down), financial issues, AND the whole family getting nasty colds (our then 18 month old had a fever on & off, which meant lots of lost sleep & carrying her around constantly, which caused me to strain muscles in my chest, back, shoulders & neck, which caused my first health-related concern: chest pain). Ugh! Just writing that makes me exhausted. It was not a good time!

The chest pains were just strained muscles, but since then I've worried about various illnesses & health concerns. I've been to like 4 doctors & to the ER twice for various things -- everything always comes back normal, one doctor joked I was "too healthy". Everything always comes back to muscle-related stuff, which I now think is mostly stress-related. I have days where I feel normal again, but then will have a bad day (or two or more) where I have so many of the symptoms you have. That built up adrenaline feeling (which you described perfectly!) is the worst!!! One time when I was having it, I was at my parents' & I got on their elliptical for a few minutes -- it helped! So I'm trying to exercise more & I've been doing yoga stretches to target specific areas that tighten up on me. That definitely helps. I do my little routine every morning no matter what. Even with kids climbing on me, the dog barking at the cat (so relaxing!), snot running constantly from my seasonal allergies, etc. -- I push myself to keep going! Never thought I'd be the type of person to stick with an exercise routine like that, but it's been several weeks & I'm not sick of it.  :sprachlos020: Shocking!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I understand where you're coming from. I thought I'd be better by now, too. Keep taking it day by day, find things that make you happy & keep you going. I know it's hard. There are days you just want to give up & cry. But keep going...
Bookmark and Share

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can anyone Relate?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 04:12:12 PM »
Your not alone.  I have been going thru similar crap since last November.  I'm at my whits end with it all as well. 

Bookmark and Share

Tags: