Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My worrying is killing me!!!!  (Read 148 times)

Offline optimusprime

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My worrying is killing me!!!!
« on: June 30, 2014, 11:55:13 AM »
Hi,

A few weeks ago I posted about a swollen lymph node behind my right ear. I've had this lymph node for around about 5 weeks now and it is slowly eating away at my life.

When I first found it seemed a lot larger than it is now and possibly a bit harder (not sure if my mind is just playing tricks on me). Anyways, the reason I think that it appeared is because I came down with a cold a few days after I found it.

After a few days my cold disappeared and I expected my lymph node to also disappear. Sadly it's still here. The lymph node is movable and relatively soft with a tad of firmness. It feels almost, 'fleshy'. It is currently about 0.5cm - 1cm in size. Although it feels larger in the morning for some reason and after I touch it, it goes down a little.

I've tried so hard not to touch it but it is becoming nearly impossible!!!! I feel totally fine and would never have noticed this without touching behind my ears!

Any sort of help will go a long way.

Thanks so much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My worrying is killing me!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:11:21 PM »
What you're describing is a normal reactive lymph node.  Try not to bother it or it'll stay big.  They can take months to go back down; sometimes they never go back to normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 09:58:18 PM »
I have a lymph node in my neck that's the size of a marble probley over 10 years now. Dr says it's fine! And I'm still here!
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 11:21:06 PM »
Ive actually had one on the back of my head since 2005. No rhyme or reason...docs checked it out and did blood work at the time and I'm still here. My cousin had a trail of hard lymph nodes behind her ear. Dr said it could take a couple of months for them to go away...and some still never go completely down. Both me and my cousin are proof of benign lymph node reaction.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: