Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about nipple discharge  (Read 393 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about nipple discharge
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 05:49:01 PM »
But what if it truly is something sinister like breast cancer and spreads within that five weeks?
Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 06:15:54 PM »
If you're that worried-ask your mom for her docs name and make an appt-for resurance
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:33 AM »
I guess I'll try to get it checked out while I'm here on vacation. The only thing is that I really don't want my parents to find out about it. They're just going to think I'm crazy. And I'm honestly getting scared about getting this checked out  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
UPDATE!! Re: Worried about nipple discharge
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 04:52:29 PM »
Well I went to the doctor here today while on vacation. She said that it's actually NOT common to have discharge with FBD. Unless you have a cyst behind your nipple. She examined me - with gloves on, however - and said she couldn't feel anything significant. She ordered a breast ultrasound "just in case"  but she told me not to be worried. And she couldn't get anything out when she squeezed my nipple so idk. I was like "of course you can't" lol. So anyway. Now I have to wait one week to get the ultrasound and then two days after that I'll get the results. So hopefully by next Friday I'll have a positive answer and can stop worrying. Ugh. Here's to the wait!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 08:31:11 PM »
It might not be common but it can and does happen because of fibrocystic breasts.  Fingers crossed for you but I'm sure it will be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Update Re: Worried about nipple discharge
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 10:09:54 AM »
Breast ultrasound today at noon. Praying all goes well and I have the results quickly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sheepsy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 11:03:33 AM »
I'm sure everything will be fine. Let us know when you get back. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 11:46:17 AM »
I'll keep everyone posted. Hopefully I'll have a great answer by Friday. I haven't had the discharge even when squeezing in over a week now, but I'm still scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »
Alright. Just had the ultrasound and the doctor came in and said she didn't see anything concerning on the ultrasound, but because of the discharge, she wanted to cover all of her bases, so she ordered a mammogram too. Just had that done (I'm at the hospitals imaging center) so now I'm waiting to see the doctor for results. Freaking out is not even the word for how I'm feeling right now. The doctor said she would give me the results before I leave though, so that's good - I won't have to wait in wonder for results. Just praying everything looks good :-/
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 02:22:44 PM »
Alright - saw the doctor. She said everything looks normal. However, she said that if I continue to have the discharge, then I would need another procedure where they go into the individual duct that's leaking the discharge and fill it up with a fluid then take xrays. She said sometimes a mass will show on that, and the procedure isn't comfortable to say the least, because they put a catheter up through one of your milk ducts. But she said that since I'm not having any discharge currently, she can't do it, because she wouldn't know exactly which duct to go into. Also, she said that women in my age range typically don't have masses like that, but if I did, it's very VERY likely to be something benign. She said if there WAS a mass found on this extra procedure, and it WAS cancer, then it would be in the earliest stage possible. But she said its HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely because my mammogram and ultrasounds were clean, and the discharge has stopped.

She said if the discharge happens again, then follow up with my doctor at home and see a breast surgeon to do that extra procedure. But she doesn't see any cause for concern right now.

*breathe*
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Update! Update