Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hard Weekend please help me  (Read 147 times)

Offline DocNoc40

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hard Weekend please help me
« on: June 29, 2014, 09:18:26 PM »
I have had a headache that has moved around the front of my head for about 6 days now.  I went to the ER and saw a PA. she did a CT scan and I had a negative result.  She then proceeded to sit next to my bed and told me we needed to talk about the possibility of a bleed since the CT is only 95% effective. I spoke to the reg DR. and after the PA came in and stated maybe she should not have said that.

The next day I went to a different ER stated what happened at ER 1 and the CT was repeated 13 hours after the first CT also negative. 

The next day I was so worked up that I returned to the original ER and saw a veteran DR. Who said I did not have any classic symptoms of a brain bleed and that I would not be able to feel pain if I pressed on the spot my headache was at if was a bleed since the bleed would be on the inside of my skull and not on the outside near the scalp.  Blood pressure normal and all blood work was normal.

Now I have pain in my shoulder blades across my forehead, temples and behind my eyes.  Massaging the spots seem to help.

I still am convinced I am a ticking bomb with a brain bleed. 

Any advice would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hard Weekend please help me
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 11:13:33 PM »
Well I'm no expert of course, but my understanding is the same as your doctor's in that if you can massage it away then it's on the outside of your skull, thus not brain-related. most likely sinus probably compounded by tension, especially since you also have it in your shoulders. Keep massaging the spots, take a hot bath, and try not to worry :angry-smiley-034: I know, easier said than done. :angel-smiley-006:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 11:28:06 PM »
You said you had the headache for several days.  I'd assume you'd be dead by now if your fears were true. I'm also guessing you haven't had any recent head trama right.  I'm sure you're fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DocNoc40

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 10:17:09 AM »
Just a brief follow-up all blood work has come in normal.  Dr. has given Valium to relax me.  Does not think there is a bleed as by day 7 I would be dead or unconscious. Suggested we could do a ct scan with Dye as a follow up but she doesn't think this will show anything.

My problem is that if this is a tension headache I need to relieve my tension to help it improve???
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 11:20:21 AM »
I would suggest trying to relieve your tension, yes. The Valium will help because it will help relax the muscles that are causing the headache, but it's just a band-aid because you still have the underlying factors. There are many ways to help relieve tension, and different methods work to varying degrees on different people. What works for one may not work as well for another. I use progressive relaxation to relax muscle tightness. Also hot baths or showers help some people. Others swear by a glass of wine, although this obviously could be taken too far and then you have new problems. Try cutting back on caffeine, do stretches and exercise, get massages if you can manage it, listen to relaxing music at the end of the day. These are just a few of my suggestions although there are probably as many ways to relax as there are people with tension.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DocNoc40

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 11:31:03 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I agree about the band aid.  I did wake up with a really sore lower back and am now freaked out again.  I just keep telling myself that after 7 days I probably would not be up and about with no cognitive or other physical issues other than a headache and some hand tingling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 02:32:15 PM »
I'd suggest learning some cognitive exercises to talk your self down.   You've been checked out by medical professionals and have been found to be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DocNoc40

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 08:22:25 PM »
We just hit day 7 of headache in my temples and behind eyes. Beyond freaking out.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: