Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: weird physical symptoms - doc says it's anxiety!?!  (Read 146 times)

Offline Depp74

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
weird physical symptoms - doc says it's anxiety!?!
« on: June 29, 2014, 08:15:11 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm a 39 year old guy who has always had issues with social anxiety, and GAD, but it was pretty much ok until a few months ago when I started having weird physical symptoms.

It started with my face and scalp tingling, both sides, totally symmetrical, but variable in intensity and exact location.  All parts of my face were affected.  Since then it has progressed into burning sensations, pain, and itching - sometimes even jolts of eyeball pain.  It varies a lot, but symptoms of some kind are always present, all day every day.  When I first wake up it's the least, and it seems worse in the evening.  When I'm around people, engaged in something, it's the least.  Alone with my thoughts, it's the worst.

My doctor did some blood work, all normal.  He explained to me why it was almost certainly not MS or a tumour, etc.  He thinks it is anxiety, but that seems strange to me.  At my request he gave me a low dose of xanax to try for a while since i was so anxious about it, but it didn't seem to help much.  Maybe somewhat, I'm not sure.  I stopped taking it and am currently on absolutely nothing.  He offered to put me on an SSRI, or a different benzo like clonazepam, and I'm thinking I might take him up on that soon, although I declined at the time.

So, if anyone has any experience with these sorts of symptoms, do you agree that it is anxiety?  I've google around, searched this site, but it seems like these symptoms, if anxiety, are more related to panic attacks which I don't have, and shouldn't be 24/7.  Unless my life is one big low-level panic attack?  Also, what do you think I should do?  Try meds?  If so, which ones?

Thanks for reading.  All responses appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: weird physical symptoms - doc says it's anxiety!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 05:23:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: