Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Time for increase?  (Read 331 times)

Offline Drielly84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Time for increase?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »
Yeah :( I was doing well and the last several nights I have woken up in a panic attack and last night I awoke only after 3 hrs of sleep and was worried and anxious the rest of the night because my mind starts wondering and I think that I have some terrible brain disorder
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 11:13:18 AM »
it's amazing what our own minds do to us. I don't know what's the average therapeutic dose dose is but I know many people probably most people take more then 50 mg to maintain. Maybe Ian can chime in with some info on that.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 05:56:13 PM »
I was doing well and the last several nights I have woken up in a panic attack and last night I awoke only after 3 hrs of sleep and was worried and anxious the rest of the night because my mind starts wondering and I think that I have some terrible brain disorder

You do, it's called panic disorder.  :(

Unfortunately, you've only just entered the 3-12 week kick-in zone with Zoloft, so while it is very possible that you could wake up into a much brighter world tomorrow, the likelihood is that you still have a few weeks to go before you start feeling the benefits. The other problem is that the dose is still on the low side. It might be just enough to get you through the pregnancy, but I think you will probably need more. IMHO, you and your doctors should be considering raising the dose to at least 75mg and 100mg would be even better.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 06:05:56 PM »
Your first sentence made me laugh! The first time I smiled all day :happy0151:
I have a quick appointment with my psych tomorrow morning before heading to the airport and i think she will agree that I need an increase
Now if I only I can stop thinking I'm going to die or go crazy with little sleep my world would be a little better
However it's the nature of panic disorder and with my hormones today I'm in between crying and trying to tell myself that I'll be okay
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 07:28:02 PM »
However it's the nature of panic disorder and with my hormones today I'm in between crying and trying to tell myself that I'll be okay

You need to listen to yourself more. It is sage advice!  :happy0151:

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »
I'm trying.... However my mind at times wants to tell me differently
Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight!
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 07:49:51 PM »
However my mind at times wants to tell me differently

I hate that when mine does it. You should sit it down and give it a stern talking too. :angry-smiley-034:  Pretend it's your baby in a couple of years who's just thrown the hissy fit of all hissy fits. It'll be good practice. As with two year olds, wayward minds need to have firm boundaries set on what is acceptable.  :winking0008:

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 08:25:44 PM »
It would be good practice for those awful toddler years
Just to add to my anxiety the company my husband works for just had a guy who got promoted and who doesn't like my husband much and rumor has that he plans to let him go
Now I feel as though my legs are week and that I can't be still
I really think it's time to up my dose
I'm really worried about how tonight will be
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 09:48:03 PM »
Just to add to my anxiety the company my husband works for just had a guy who got promoted and who doesn't like my husband much and rumor has that he plans to let him go

Can they just do that? I would have thought they need a good reason beyond just personal differences.

I really think it's time to up my dose
I'm really worried about how tonight will be

That's some more of that toxic thinking. Talk yourself into suffering and you almost certainly will.  :angry-smiley-034:  Yeah, I know, easier said than done. But there really is nothing to be gained by worry about what may or may not happen. I doesn't make it go away, just the opposite usually.  :(

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 09:54:19 PM »
SC is a right to work state and they can let him go for any reason really
My hubby has ADHD so they can easily say they have to repeat stuff too much or that he is not a fit for the company the sad part is that my husband is really brilliant just learns and processes things differently
I'm planning on taking ambien tonight with the trazodone because I have to catch to planes tomorrow and I need to not be hysterical and anxious
Plus my psych will see me in the am before I go so hopefully that will help too
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 06:51:26 AM »
Slept better last night but still only like 4 hours and was in a light sleep where I was aware of every sound but didn't get panicked I just laid there and relaxed
I took 25 mg of trazodone and felt extremely anxious and panicky about 30 or so mins later I I took 10mg if ambien
I remember I began to feel calmer about 25 mind after takeing it and probably finally dozed off
After another 20 mins or
Here is my question.... Could my high anxiety make the sleeping meds not as effective? Typically when I'm  calm and take the trazodone I fall asleep a bit and sleep okay even if I wake up I can doze by off
The few times I've had to add the ambien, I sleep even better and hard
Lat night I slept hard just not long
Could my high anxiety at night do this?
Or once again do I have some awful form of insomnia that will hurt me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 07:17:52 AM »
I think once you get to a more therapeutic dose you anxiety will suside and you will sleep better. My sleep is off and I'm at 50mg.  And don't women sometimes have trouble sleeping due to pregnancy?
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 07:21:57 AM »
Yes insomnia in pregnancy is very common
I just don't get how I can take an ambien and only sleep like 4 hrs
It's so frustrrating
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 07:29:13 AM »
Well I think our brains put out some pretty powerful chemicals due to anxiety,  hormones. .. and that's probably what's going on with you right now. Once the Sertraline brings your anxiety down your sleep med will probably work better. How does that sound,  logical?
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 08:18:12 AM »
Sounds very logical now only if my brain can catch up with the logic :/anxiety is kicking in again.....and I'm so tired already
Is this ever going to get better?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: