Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Time for increase?  (Read 805 times)

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Time for increase?
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 04:30:36 AM »
I just don't know how to shut off my mind in the middle of the night after I wake up even with taking the 25 mg of trazodone

I've been having the same problem lately, albeit without the trazodone. If your doctor has approved it, upping the trazodone to 50mg might give you a better result than adding the Ambien.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Drielly84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 04:44:43 AM »
Yeah I should have taken the whole 50 mg when I went to bed
I took 25 mg and then the other 25 mg around 3:30 am and an hour later I'm still up
I'm just afraid to take the 50 mg and still be up after a few hours :/
I know with the 25 mg of trazodone I can take the ambien as well for nights that i have a lot of trouble
I also did take some antacid when I took the second dose of trazodone cause I had bad heartburn
On the pregnancy board I'm on o know other women who r having a hard time sleeping because of hormones so I'm trying to not get worried about it but my anxiety is coming back and I'm starting to worry about sleeping again which I know isn't helping :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 07:00:33 AM »
Hi D - When are you due for an increase on the zoloft? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »
Not sure :/ I've been on 50 mg for three weeks noe so I have to call my pdoc and see what she says
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 09:19:53 AM »
yeah I'm wondering if you need an increasebecause you're still having a little anxiety I guess right? You may still need to find your proper dosage. most people are above 50 I believe.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »
Yeah :( I was doing well and the last several nights I have woken up in a panic attack and last night I awoke only after 3 hrs of sleep and was worried and anxious the rest of the night because my mind starts wondering and I think that I have some terrible brain disorder
Bookmark and Share

Offline joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 11:13:18 AM »
it's amazing what our own minds do to us. I don't know what's the average therapeutic dose dose is but I know many people probably most people take more then 50 mg to maintain. Maybe Ian can chime in with some info on that.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 05:56:13 PM »
I was doing well and the last several nights I have woken up in a panic attack and last night I awoke only after 3 hrs of sleep and was worried and anxious the rest of the night because my mind starts wondering and I think that I have some terrible brain disorder

You do, it's called panic disorder.  :(

Unfortunately, you've only just entered the 3-12 week kick-in zone with Zoloft, so while it is very possible that you could wake up into a much brighter world tomorrow, the likelihood is that you still have a few weeks to go before you start feeling the benefits. The other problem is that the dose is still on the low side. It might be just enough to get you through the pregnancy, but I think you will probably need more. IMHO, you and your doctors should be considering raising the dose to at least 75mg and 100mg would be even better.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 06:05:56 PM »
Your first sentence made me laugh! The first time I smiled all day :happy0151:
I have a quick appointment with my psych tomorrow morning before heading to the airport and i think she will agree that I need an increase
Now if I only I can stop thinking I'm going to die or go crazy with little sleep my world would be a little better
However it's the nature of panic disorder and with my hormones today I'm in between crying and trying to tell myself that I'll be okay
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 07:28:02 PM »
However it's the nature of panic disorder and with my hormones today I'm in between crying and trying to tell myself that I'll be okay

You need to listen to yourself more. It is sage advice!  :happy0151:

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything