Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Everything is getting stuck when I eat, including water  (Read 217 times)

Offline Daxter

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Everything is getting stuck when I eat, including water
« on: June 29, 2014, 10:14:13 AM »
This isn't a case of mis-perception or imagining a lump in my throat, because I know I have neither, and I know what they both feel like. In this case, I literally cannot swallow properly. Everything, from bread to fruit to my own saliva gets trapped at the top of my throat, and again about halfway down my neck. As in I can cough most of it back out again, or it always ends up in my airways. Also every time I eat, I feel short of breath, especially when the food is stuck in place. The only thing that even begins to get it down is dousing everything with water, but if I drink too much with my food I feel it sloshing back up my throat, and occasionally burning in my mouth, or a warm feeling in my throat. Sometimes the water itself also gets stuck.

My throat is pretty much broken beyond repair isn't it? I've had reflux before, and arguably it's felt worse before now, but why hasn't it ever done this to me until now?! I can't even swallow the mucus building up at the back of my throat, no matter how many times I try..!
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Everything is getting stuck when I eat, including water
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 12:16:23 AM »
Im going through the same thing. Whenever i drink water, it feels like it gets stuck in my throat and creates bubvles. I burp a lot even after drinking water. I also have a lot of mucus that i have to keep spitting out. If you find answers, please let me know!
Bookmark and Share

Online cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 12:18:33 AM »
Fellow anxiety sufferer with the same issue here  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 09:57:32 PM »
I've had this for years....it's like the muscles in my esophagus aren't relaxed enough. Next time it happens, relax your throat and tilt your head back a bit...it will pass.  If you are like me, it happens on occasion and not every time you eat/drink. 
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline lmcc87

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:08:05 PM »
I've had it too. Only on occasions. It can be scary, my doctor said it was reflux and gave me meds
Bookmark and Share
If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself.

Tags: