Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm scared that i might have rabies! :/  (Read 201 times)

Offline AmberFlint

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm scared that i might have rabies! :/
« on: June 29, 2014, 06:09:13 AM »
Okay so two month ago, my rabbit bitten me while i was feeding him, after a week i started thinking that i might have rabies. then i started reading about rabies which totally freaked me out. i took him to vet and they said he don't have rabies because he's a indoor rabbit and he don't seems rabid at all. but i was still scared so i went to ER O_O They said that rabies in rabbits is rare and if he had rabies he'll die within 17 days and if he don't die in 17 days he don't have rabies. after that i keep an eye on my rabbit for a month and he didn't die. i was so happy but this month, he bite me again,he bitten me on my finger tip while i was feeding him his fav thing.its been 5 hours since i was bitten and right now i'm freaking out about rabies again. This time it didn't broke the skin and i didn't draw blood. but i'm still very scared! :/ my rabbits head seems hot (little bit) He don't have foam coming out from his mouth or he's not paralyzed. whenever i put my hand in front of him he "licks it" not "bites it" but i'm still very scared.  :traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001: Do he have rabies? Should i get rabies shots? ;_; ;_; I Know my rabbit was never bitten by a stray animal, if he was then he couldn't have survived it, if he did survived then at least i could have seen some blood or something coming from his body? but i didn't. He don't act aggressive, my rabbit is eating normally. but i still can't stop thinking about rabies! I've seen many videos about people dying of rabies on youtube which is  SCARRY. I'm 14 years old, scared of dying. I also have health anxiety. and BTW i have iron-deficiency anemia, iron deficiency and rabies have half same symptoms so it's really scary because i know i have anemia but i still can't stop thinking about rabies.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm scared that i might have rabies! :/
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 12:02:07 PM »
Your rabbit would have had to have been bitten by a rabid animal to have rabies, and then could only pass it to you if in the symptomatic stages.

Is there a way you could get your rabbit vaccinated so you don't have to worry about it in the future?
Bookmark and Share

Offline joycecaroll

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 12:08:04 PM »
Rabies can only be transmitted once symptoms have started. So if your rabbit didn't have symptoms when he bit you, then you are fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline totallyphobic

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 08:07:41 PM »
Amber

Unless you have had a stray animal or wildlife in your house it is impossible for your rabbit to have rabies. That said in your post you said he bit the tip of your finger while you were trying to feed him that is normal. Believe me if your rabbit had rabies it would attack you or it would hardly be able to move and certainly would not be able to eat or drink. Anxiety feeds on fears and googling rabies victims or symptoms will only enforce symptoms since it mimics many illnesses especially ones you fear and becomes a vicious cycle. I have been in your shoes so trust me you are going to be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: