Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So am I the only one out there that feels like this?  (Read 115 times)

Offline mtown67

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So am I the only one out there that feels like this?
« on: June 29, 2014, 04:18:00 AM »
So wow!, I must have a really crappy therapist. I have seen the same therapist for lets see three years now. And before that like five more in four years. Sorry for sounding like an idiot. I am thankful that I have someone that I can go and talk to, but frankly I get more from this website then my therapist. Unfortunately my insurance provides very limited help when it comes to mental health. Yes I have a Psychologist and Psychiatrist, the later being better, but my Psychologist has no idea how to help me. I know for a fact that I don't have the correct cocktail of medications. It is very frustrating. I take medications that are "supposed" to help me, but are they actually working. I have nothing to compare it to. I can tell you this, I was once a "normal" human being. A great job, friends, family, enjoyed do things. Now I am a fraction of that person. I can not hold a job because my memory is stew. I can not concentrate for very long. I eat, drink and sleep my thoughts every second of everyday. I try to go out and do things but I can't even do that. It's like the life has been totally sucked out of me. I have attempted to write out my thoughts and I am doing it now. A journal is of no use to me. I am trying to read a book and do homework from a CBT book, but that is hit and miss. I know I am sounding sarcastic, but my life is a joke. I have been like this for six years and I have no idea how to fix this.

If there is anyone out there who feels like this, please write back and give me some useful advice.

Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: So am I the only one out there that feels like this?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 05:38:57 AM »
Ask your therapist about ' exposure therapy '. To help you get back out there. Pointless sitting in the house and getting nowhere at all. Waste of time. Then be honest and let them know the medication is not working. It is pointless taken something that is doing you no good at all. The work they are doing with you is based on what you are saying to them. So be honest with them. Tell them exactly how you are feeling. It is the only way they will give you the right kind of help. The medication may be effecting your mind in the wrong kind of way. This can happen at times. Simple lowering of the dose can change all of that. Or a new form of medication. As medication is hit and miss as well. Time to speak up and let them know how you feel about the help they are giving you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline mtown67

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So am I the only one out there that feels like this?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 06:01:15 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I should have also mention I have Bipolar depression. That is a whole different issue. I agree with you about the medication. I think I am taking to high a dose. I am currently weening myself off one of my bipolar medications as per my doctors instructions. I asked to be taken off the drug. I am on another bipolar medication and after I get off this one medication, I am going to ask to reduce the dose. I am taking an anti-depressant too. Going to reduce that down too. This is all going to take time.

I agree with you that I need to find something to do. Now I just need to figure that out as I am not interested in much. I only have a couple of friends and I cannot see them all the time. So I am going to have to dig deep and figure something out.

I will update as I try

Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Tags: