Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: First post - Anxious but (slowly) improving  (Read 57 times)

Offline H1N1KI

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
First post - Anxious but (slowly) improving
« on: June 29, 2014, 03:15:33 AM »
Hey all!

It's my first post. I've lurked around this forum before, googling anxiety symptoms and remedies, or people in the same boat as me. A lot of my searching has lead me here to some really helpful information.

My present battle with anxiety has been pretty rough, mostly because of the duration. It was marijuana induced. I hit a bong too hard and it sent me into an epic tailspin and I had to go to the ER. This was medical grade, California weed and I was high into the next day. It was awful. The doctors gave me a benzo, (Ativan) that I didn't take for fear of addiction. I just decided to ride it out..

Well... here I am two months later, still anxious. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot better. I think that's important to keep in mind for people who are in the worst of it. It can and often does get better. When this started I woke up and went to bed in fear. I was scared I would lose control of myself and harm myself even though I didn't want to. I was throwing up from so much anxiety (especially) in the mornings, and lost a ton of weight. It was a living hell. Now I don't throw up. My anxiety has reduced by about 80%, though I'm still dizzy. disoriented, and derealized. Panic attacks like to kick me in gut maybe once every couple of weeks, but they are brief...almost fleeting. I'm grateful for that...

I think that's what pisses me off the most though is the brain fog/dizziness. It's this sickening glaze over my whole life...the whole world, and lets me know CONSTANTLY I'm still not okay. I HATE the way my head feels all the time..I wish it would go away.

Does it ever go away, eventually? I've tired eliminating wheat/gluten (helped a lot), dairy (helped a bit), magnesium supplements (made it worse somehow), chamomile tea (helps in a pinch). I think what's helps the most though is removing myself from toxic situations I was in for a while and didn't realize were subconsciously horrible (toxic family/friends, ***** job all behind me).

Long post short: I'm getting better but I'm impatient. And can't wait to read recovery stories on this site. Anxiety recovery stories are my Crack! I think for people in our shoes, Hope is the best possible thing, and even though I spent most of this post bitching, I am grateful for the improvement...ever slow, but moving forward. I hope everyone out there keeps hope alive and never gives up on themselves.

Thanks for reading!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: First post - Anxious but (slowly) improving
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:27:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: