Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Re: HA and Melanoma  (Read 101 times)

Offline FloridaGirl

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: HA and Melanoma
« on: June 28, 2014, 10:53:19 PM »
Hello Everyone-
I'm new to posting to this forum but have lurked for a while. I have suffered from some generalized anxiety throughout my life and have had panic attacks, although those have gotten better over the years through yoga, meditation and breathing exercises.
What has gotten worse is the health anxiety - especially since my grandmother died in 2013 after a very short battle with gallbladder cancer. Earlier this year I thought I had invasive breast cancer, but it was actually ringworm.  :-* Yes, I can laugh about this now but it was scary at the time.
This weekend I'm having a major bout of anxiety over melanoma. I have had four moles removed in my life (all benign) and I am planning on calling the dermatologist Monday to ask for the removal of another. I'm not even sure this is a mole; it appears to be more of a freckle but it's very, very dark. It's about 2mm in diameter and it seems to have gotten bigger. I'm not exactly sure, though.
I'm also freaking out a bit over melanoma of the scalp. I don't think I have any moles on my scalp, but it's hard to tell. I would think my hairdresser would have mentioned something?
I try to be really careful about the sun because I live in Florida. I've never gone to tanning beds or really even sat out to tan...but my arms and shoulders are very freckled.
Thank you for listening. :-|
Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 205
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: HA and Melanoma
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »
welcome to AZ.

i am sorry your anxiety has you so worked up.  it isn't fun at all when our anxious thinking drags us around.

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother.  I lost my mom in January 2013.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: Health Anxiety