Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Job interviews & Working.  (Read 158 times)

Offline Lynnk

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • :::
    • Poke This Member
Job interviews & Working.
« on: June 28, 2014, 10:16:48 PM »
I've been trying to get a job since I moved in with my older sibling earlier this month, and it's kind of hard to do...especially since he'll be needing the money to keep the roof over our heads. (He hasn't missed a bill yet, but I'd hate to find out if he does.)

I screwed up the first two job interviews I've had so far.  The first one consisted of me drawing a blank for every question that I had to think about - I was pretty stumbling over my own words. They ended up hiring me, but I had to move back here, so I didn't get a chance to work there. (Plus, it was a big warehouse with lots of jobs, so I assume they were trying to get whoever they can to work.)

The second one, I went there with my mom (Temp service.) I was damn near having an anxiety attack (I felt that I wasn't prepared, but I internalized it.) They directed me to a chair, asked me a few questions, & told me that they would call me when they find something, but kept my mom in there longer. I'd like to think that they noticed I was on edge, or probably thought I was on drugs.   :o

But working will be something entirely different for me. I've only worked for family, or family friends - or, I sold my artwork to make money.
I can't envision myself working with a bunch of people I don't know. In other words, I've never worked for an official company or place before.

Also, there are days that I can't get myself to leave the house & go to the store. If I do go to the store, most of the time, I feel horribly anxious. I've been trying to reprogram myself out of that way of thinking, but it's difficult so far, and will probably not happen overnight.

So...any tips...experience? I'm just looking for a ray of hope in all of this.

:pray:

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynnk

Content
    • Poke This Member
Re: Job interviews & Working.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 03:05:31 PM »
:Bump:

Hope this is allowed. >.>
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 03:24:50 PM »
Work at home data entry jobs might be something that would work. I know of a site that is only legitimate jobs, so I can PM you the name if you want. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention other sites on here. The main reason I haven't found a work at home job myself is that I am currently paid well and can't find anything with a pay cut of less than $3/hr! If you just need the money, try that. You can also try to think of something that you enjoy and see if there are any jobs. If you like art, maybe a museum would have something. Even if it's cleaning, it's still being immersed in the art.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynnk

Content
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 11:11:36 PM »
Work at home data entry jobs might be something that would work. I know of a site that is only legitimate jobs, so I can PM you the name if you want. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention other sites on here. The main reason I haven't found a work at home job myself is that I am currently paid well and can't find anything with a pay cut of less than $3/hr! If you just need the money, try that. You can also try to think of something that you enjoy and see if there are any jobs. If you like art, maybe a museum would have something. Even if it's cleaning, it's still being immersed in the art.

Thank you for the reply. ^^

I am interested! PM them if you'd like.

I was thinking to making & selling my own crafts & art, but...I need time & money to make things. >.<
Bookmark and Share

Tags: