Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: I need help....like, now.  (Read 222 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I need help....like, now.
« on: June 28, 2014, 09:43:44 PM »
I am on my way across the country with my two kiddos. We're going to visit "Grammy and Papa" - my parents for FIVE weeks. Tonight was our first day on the road. We'll be driving all day tomorrow, staying in another hotel, then a few hours of driving on Monday and we'll reach my folk's house.

I miss my husband. He wasn't able to get time off of work to come with us. My HA has kicked in FULL FORCE today. I've literally worried about a brain eating amoeba, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, blood clot, and heart attack. I'm so worried that something is going to happen to me in the next month and I'll never see my husband again. Does anyone have any advice or words of wisdom? I'm literally in the hotel room on the verge of tears right now. And I can't shorten the trip. Too many events to attend. I miss him so much and desperately want to see him again. I want to be in the comfort of my own home, my own routine. Someone to turn to.

I cannot come to my folks with my worries, they already think in bits. But my husband is my voice of reason and my source of comfort. I'm worried about how I'm going to get by within the next month without him.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I need help....like, now.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 09:46:45 PM »
I took my daughter to see the inlaws 1/2 way across the world.  It was terrible.  I was a mess.  What helped me was journaling.  It helped to just get the thoughts out of my head.  It was hard for me to talk to him because of the time difference but I could always count on phone calls with him to help as well.  Also, try and keep yourself really busy that really helped me as well.

Hugs!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 09:54:31 PM »
Self talk always helps-you've had tests done so you know nothing serious is going on.  You mightdo video chats with hubby after kiddos are asleep to get the support you need,

Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 09:55:32 PM »
Thanks. The kids miss him too (4 and 19 months) so we plan in sloping. When either of us is away (not very often) we talk every day, multiple times a day, but we haven't been away from each other for this long EVER - minus his deployment when we were engaged. And certainly not this long since I developed my HA.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
Oh yeah - and just as a side note (this has nothing to do with HA) - our hotel for the night is right next to a biker bar. Kids should sleep GRRREAT.... *Trying to be thankful*
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 08:48:34 PM »
Today is no different. Focused on leukemia tonight. I'm starting to think this long trip was a big mistake.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 09:12:14 PM »
YOU ARE OKAY-your tests prove it-Docs dont miss much.(said by my daughter who is a doc)  Relax and enjoy your time with family.
Bookmark and Share

Offline totallyphobic

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 09:14:25 PM »
If you have access to the internet phone, tablet or computer try ***** or facetime that should help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 07:56:24 AM »
Great. I was getting ready this morning and noticed a bit of nipple discharge on my t shirt. Now I'm freaking out about breast cancer and asking a doctor online what to do.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: