Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: xanax taper question.  (Read 122 times)

Offline firewife

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
xanax taper question.
« on: June 28, 2014, 04:01:31 PM »
I don't know if this is the right area to post. I'm not addicted so I didn't feel comfortable posting in the drug recovery section. I have been on xanax for a little over 6 weeks maybe a little less I can't remember. At first I was taking .25 then moved up to .1 xanax a day . I only took .1 mg for about 2 week and tapered back down to .25 mg and have been at that dose for nearly 2 weeks. I'm wanting to quit completely before my body and brain crave the xanax. I was wondering if anyone knows if its safe to stop at this low dose. Before this 6 weeks I would only.take xanax in stressful situations ( doctors appointments and such things ) I have googled too much about side effects but mostly I've noticed those side effects are for people who have been on xanax for years and at higher doses. I know this is just the hypochondria in me but its scaring me to think about the tapering side effects. Keep in mind I don't crave the xanax and I only take it during the day after I put it off until I need it the most  I don't like meds so I would hold off taking the xanax until the very last minute. Now I'll admit that some days I would take it out of fear of a panic attack that might happen later. It has.now been 28 hours since my last xanax and I don't seem to feel any withdrawal other then my normal anxiety thoughts. Which are now focused on worry about xanax withdrawals.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Re: xanax taper question.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 04:25:17 PM »
Talk with a doctor about tapering but to me it doesn't sound like SERIOUS side effects should occur at thy dose and timeframe. I've been on .25 3x a day up to 1 mg 4x a day for 4 years. My tapering started few weeks ago and I'm having wierd feelings.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 04:35:04 PM »
6 weeks is no time at all. Yes it is in your system. So maybe break the smaller amount down even smaller again. Just to be safe. You should be fine. Not on it that long at all. What some people do feel is rebound anxiety. Bit like your mind telling you that you are no longer taking this medication. So it is all in the head really. Try go a bit longer without as well. Feel nothing at all, you will know you are safe. Longer term users have to taper off them. I was on them for ten years. So I couldn't just quit them. Six weeks is a short time.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline yahoo2000

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 07:24:31 PM »
You might want to try http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/ or the sub section on here on AZ

Bookmark and Share

Offline firewife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 07:50:43 PM »
Tyvm for the responses I knew it wasnt a long time being on them and an extremely low dose compared to some. But I figure always better safe then sorry. 2nd day at .125mg and that low dose still curbs the anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline DocNoc40

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 09:23:55 PM »
Took me a year to wean off Xanax. Do not rush it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: