Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: loss of motivation  (Read 563 times)

Offline Kenzie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
loss of motivation
« on: June 28, 2014, 01:00:42 PM »
since sunday all i have been doing is laying in my bed its the only place i feel comfortable, i have no energy to do much of anything i lost intrest in a lot of things, its summer time i should be happy and wanting to go outside and soak up the sun but all i have wanted to do is lay in my bed and not move i cant eat and all i wanna do is sleep i have a drs apt on monday but i have never been this bad its lasted almost a week, anyone else suffer fro this or have any advice i just want to be myself again
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: loss of motivation
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 02:08:59 PM »
I am going through the same thing right now. My head feels so weird all day all i wanna do is lay down. It really sucks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 10:22:13 AM »
Depression is a loop of negative feelings/thoughts. 

My therapist gave me some good advise.  Do you know the phrase "you are what you eat"?  If you eat nothing but cheeseburgers your body will respond negatively.  Well your mind works the same way.  If you only put negative thoughts in, all you'll get is negative back.  Try to break the cycle, I started sketch drawing.  Using the creative side of my brain really helps to keep my depression at a controllable level. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline howifeel

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Guilt is not a feeling but a verdict.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 08:26:03 PM »
Sounds like symptoms of depression. Anxiety can bring that on. Hang in there. Life has changes, but it works out. No, you won't lose everything, and no this won't last forever, even if it feels like it will. You will come out of it. Be very patient with yourself and others. Hope doc's appt went well.
Bookmark and Share
I do things to feel better, I don't wait to feel better to do things.

Offline Kavenchols

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
When you really don't feel like doing something, do it anyway. The motivation or urge to work, play, craft or whatever it is you would like to feel like doing may not appear while you are depressed. But don't miss out on the daily activities of your life, the big and the small, because the motivation isn't there. Jump in and get started when you can. At the end of the day you will feel better having accomplished something. Depression may rob you of motivation; don't let it rob you of your life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline I.Will.Win

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 10:01:19 AM »
When you really don't feel like doing something, do it anyway. The motivation or urge to work, play, craft or whatever it is you would like to feel like doing may not appear while you are depressed. But don't miss out on the daily activities of your life, the big and the small, because the motivation isn't there. Jump in and get started when you can. At the end of the day you will feel better having accomplished something. Depression may rob you of motivation; don't let it rob you of your life.
Well said...

I take the same approach. If I didn't care (or you didn't care) you wouldn't be here asking about it. Depression takes away the motivation but not the desire. Force it if you have to, go get some sunshine! Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kaylebee

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 09:24:54 PM »
I suffer from this as well. You should try exercise and eating healthily. In the short time I did 30 mins of exercise a day, before giving up again lol, made me feel stress-free and happy. It clears your mind and calms you down. Just having a hard time sticking to it. It helps so much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Enemy Cannon

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 01:30:21 PM »
I find those with depression (like myself) often try to do too much at once and then become discouraged and more depressed when they are unable to complete those tasks, goals etc. Set small, realistic goals in regards to getting out, having conversations, doing something you enjoy etc. and you will feel more accomplished once you complete them. Sometimes you must force yourself but you'll probably feel much better once you do. Good luck and I hope you find some relief soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline howifeel

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Guilt is not a feeling but a verdict.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 02:03:04 AM »
Nice post Enemy, and so true. Progressive exposure to more a little at a time, and a lot of patience with self. I was told to stretch my expectations of myself out farther, to allow more time to make progress. There is no rush. However, there is a need to push one's self, as well. Nice balance.
Bookmark and Share
I do things to feel better, I don't wait to feel better to do things.

Tags: