Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: here is one to get you to say oh $%it  (Read 300 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
here is one to get you to say oh $%it
« on: June 28, 2014, 11:40:14 AM »
this morning my youngest got up with an upset stomach.  she was very down in the mouth etc.  She keep trying to go number two and stuff.  anyway 1/2hr later she is crying in my bathroom at the toilet.  she'd  had just thrown-up.   I look in the toilet and see red.  My first thought was "Holy crap is that blood!!" :jaw-dropping:   then I remembered she'd  eaten a couple of bites of a plum a bit earlier.   :rolleye0012:   hehehe.

sad thing is my booboo won't get to go to the pool party today.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline lilyofthevalley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: here is one to get you to say oh $%it
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 12:48:00 PM »
Done that! remembered I had some tomato!! Freaks you out for a second, huh?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »
I remember when i was a kid and when i spit on the lavatory i noticed my spit was red and i panicked a little then i remembered i'd eaten a sweet fruity red colored candy. :)
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 02:59:15 PM »
yep, it can make you catch your breath.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 11:44:00 PM »
I had one of those happen to me yesterday.  I saw what looked like a huge, blotchy red rash on my son's upper thigh - one of those "what on earth is that?!?!"  Totally felt the panic coming on - totally freaked out, it looked bad!  Even my husband was concerned (he doesn't have anxiety - so when he's concerned, something's up).  My son seemed to be scratching at it so I ran to get the benadryl cream and was trying to figure out if I needed to take him to the urgent care or not.  (my heart was racing a million miles a minute!!  It was bigger than the palm of my hand).  As I was rubbing benadryl on, I noticed it was coming off.  I get a wet paper towel - wipe it all off - completely gone.  I'm staring at the paper towel trying to figure it all out and have no clue where it came from.  My husband says, "looks like berries."  Then it dawns on me - we went for a walk that day and he picked black red raspberries.  He doesn't eat them, so I checked his pockets.  Bingo.  He put the berries in his pocket and they smooshed and the juice was all over his leg - his shorts were dark blue so you couldn't see it bleeding through the front!!  There went another 5 years off my life ....  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 07:17:11 AM »
one of my kids dumped red hawaiian punch on her leg when she was little.  It was an angry red.  I didn't know what it was for a while either. :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 08:20:28 AM »
Kids really do a number on you!  :dazed:  Gotta to love them!   :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Tags: