Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: does anyone else suffer from morning anxiety as  (Read 426 times)

Offline Kenzie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
does anyone else suffer from morning anxiety as
« on: June 28, 2014, 10:22:35 AM »
soon as you wake up for no reason?? i do and it sucks i cant wait for my drs apt on monday i havent been able to have fun or do anything i love anymore due to this stupid anxiety... ugh
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: does anyone else suffer from morning anxiety as
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
yes I do every morning as soon as my eyes open it starts and then the scary thoughts and then the body symptoms so I take my meds and eat and try to function and I also need a therapist to help me out!

Hope you feel better and know this can be beat and life will be good !!

take care!
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

Offline braves0042

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 11:12:50 AM »
Yea I just did about an hour ago actually upon waking, it is so odd and I can't explain why it happens. But this is why I can't stand mornings now because of that sole feeling upon waking up, lasts for about 10 minutes then goes away but it is still a burden. Hopefully someday it will pass.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kaito1412

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • lotus
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 11:28:55 AM »
when I'm really anxious about something I usually wake up earlier than my normal wake up time

honestly the word that came first to my mind was despair, I feel uneasy for over an hour sometimes

this is rare but yeah plainly put in the mornings my anxiety is at its worse and at night its at the most tame
Bookmark and Share

Offline ECee

• Hello :)
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 01:28:05 AM »
Yeah I get it too, I hate waking up sometimes because it's literally just me being anxious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline painfully_confused

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 12:45:08 PM »
Yup, I wake up trembling early every morning. It stops me from being able to go back to sleep, and the hell that is my everyday begins!
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 01:40:28 PM »
Hi Kenzie...

For the majority of people that suffer with anxiety/depressive disorders, mornings, upon waking, are usually the worst time.  That is because there are a lot of philological processes taking place when we go from a sleeping to a waking state.  One of those processes is the release of added stress hormones, such as cortisol, which will increase our anxiety/depression.

The brain sets-up a default setting to morning processes that trigger added anxiety/depression, and this becomes the norm.

When my anxiety disorder is acting up, mornings are always the worse for me, with my experiencing the least anxiety in the evening hours.

The very best to you, Kenzie!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Flower

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 02:24:52 AM »
Mobile Chucko, that's a great explanation!
Kenzie, I also have anxiety that is most prominent in the morning when I wake up. I have been having issues with my vision which I guess adds to the morning anxiety as I dread the day ahead. I thought that was the reason I was waking up so anxious, feeling very terrified. I didn't know that it has to do with cortisole levels and physiology.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 10:00:04 AM »
I get anxiety in the mornings so badly that I hate going to bed at night knowing that when I wake up the anxiety will be back. I have to take ten minutes first thing every morning doing progressive relaxation before I get out of bed or else I will be shaky and sick to my stomach. The better I can deal with it first thing, the better chance I have of getting it under control so that it doesn't ruin my entire day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Syrena18

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »
I've definitely experienced morning anxiety before. I minute I woke up my chest was extremely tight and I could not take a deep breath. I practice breathing when anxiety strikes. Usually I'll close my eyes and inhale through my nose and exhale through my mouth a few times.
Bookmark and Share

Offline afj0823

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 05:54:19 PM »
it really is the worse it was to the point i was scared to get up and walk around bc my anxiety causes me dizziness. so i have been doing breathing exercises, and positive thought affirmations telling myself it is just anxiety, and once i start moving it gets better but i am still learning to deal, bc it does last the longest in the morning. i also have been doing the tense and release exercises, i think it really helps. you can find it on excelatlife.com  i love this, i downloaded pretty much all the apps. i read the articles and listen to the audios and its free. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline AmandaNanda

• Mood: Angry
    Angry
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 06:33:48 PM »
Yes!!
I get it the worst as well in the mornings, has been happening since school started to give me anxiety, all the way back to elementary school. I also feel anxiety before I go to bed, usually because I am anticipating all the things that need to get done the next day. In the mornings I have instant anxiety and I feel so sick to my stomach that I skip breakfast most of the time.

One thing that used to help me, that I stopped doing and need to start again, is writing down all the things that are giving me anxiety for the day, everything from having to call someone to having to drive somewhere or get a paper or something done, just getting it out of my head and on paper first thing in the morning seems to help me focus on one thing at a time as opposed to it all at once. I hope you can find a way to reduce your morning anxiety!
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 07:01:48 PM »
Hi Kenzie

I went through this up until recently.

If I woke up earlier than the alarm, I'd be fine, though.  :laugh3: But, when I waited for the alarm, I'd wake up with palpitations (a symptom that doesn't bother me), along with feeling wide awake- shaky inside,
fog head and unable to concentrate. It would set the tone for most of the day.

With our adrenal glands being off, releasing cortisol, etc, that's why it happens.

I did a little test on myself, though.

Being that I noticed that when I woke up before the alarm and was fine, I decided not to set one on weekends, and just get up when I got up. Oddly (or maybe not so oddly!), when I woke up without a set time, I was fine.

Also noticed if I woke up in the middle of the night to drink some water ...also fine. Only seemed to happen when I was on a "time clock".

I've since gotten back on Prozac and Lorazepam. The first 3 weeks were rough....but I'm over the hump and can now get up with the alarm without a problem. I feel fine in the a.m. and all day now.

PS...fellow Long Islander here.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kenzie

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 12:16:01 PM »
Im glad i wasnt the only one casue let me tell ya i hate waking up to a racing heart haha  i just recently went to the drs yesterday i finally found one thank goodness!!!! she started me on brintellix 10 mg i guess its a new antidepressent that really helps with anxieety and depresseion said it works so good i told her i was already taking xanax becasue of course the people at urgent care dont care if people get additcted to those or not and i told this dr i didnt want to have to rely on xanax today marks the first day im starting this medication so we shall see how it works eeeee im so happy although with my insurance its 60 bucks but at this point im willing to try something new i was once on prozac and it didnt work for me so im keep my head up with this new medicine to get back to my normal self yesterday i woke up with the worst anxiety before my apt and had to take a xanax but today it wasnt bad at all fingers crossed i finally found something to help and yay a fellow long islander how exciting!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 01:53:29 PM »
Good to hear that you're on a new antidepressant.  :laugh3: 

Let us know how it goes  with the new med. Will you be allowed to use the Xanax with the Brintellix until it starts to work?

Good luck! :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share

Tags: