Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Oral cancer fear, please read.  (Read 82 times)

Offline Masond_06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Oral cancer fear, please read.
« on: June 28, 2014, 06:37:46 AM »
So I've had a bump on the the back of my throat for about six months now, give or take a couple months. It has not changed in size at all. The bump is a little bit darker thank the skin around it. Dark enough for me to have noticed it. It doesn't bother me really. I had a Gastro appointment about a month ago and had an endoscopy and asked him about it and he said he sees nothing abnormal. I went to a dentist maybe two months ago and had an oral cancer screening that showed abnormal cells and he sent me to an oral surgeon to get a biopsy and when I got there the surgeon looked around and didn't see anything out of the ordinary and that the thing I was talking about was just swollen lymph tissue and that was normal to have. I didn't think it'd be normal to have for that long though I don't know. So I didn't get a biopsy done and went on my way. Well the bump is still there so I went to my GP Wednesday and he looked at it and gave me some antibiotics to take(augmentin for ten days and told me if it doesn't clear up to give him a call and he'll send me to an ENT. I took the antibiotics and it didn't clear up so they made me an appointment which was over a month away. So I made one with a different ent. They saw me and said the area I was referring to was lymph tissue but there was an ulcer on the other side. He prescribed me antibiotics and said if it doesn't clear up in four weeks he's taking it off. I got my prescription later that day and it was the medicine I had already taking so the ENT prescribed me a stronger antibiotic. I called the next day and just said let's go ahead with taking it the ulcer out. So now I have to procedure scheduled for July 11th. A little worried. I'm 25 and used to smoke and dip. Haven't done either for awhile. Also used to drink but haven't done that either for awhile. I've had lots of CT scans and been exposed to unnecessary amounts of radiation. Has anyone else been through the problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Masond_06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Oral cancer fear, please read.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:04:44 PM »
Bump
Bookmark and Share

Tags: