Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Muscle atrophy question  (Read 102 times)

Offline Mikeyc

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Muscle atrophy question
« on: June 28, 2014, 05:44:05 AM »
Okay guys , I've got a question for all. I think I have had some kind of muscle wasting however it is all over my body, I'm not experiencing any actual weakness my muscles get tired when I use them a lot, my doctor did the finger strength test and I was gripped on that tight the bench i was sitting on (it had wheels) actually moved across the room with me on
It . , I don't know if it is atrophy or not considering my muscle tone has actually increased! Like my muscle definition is up. I lift weights and they build up so its not like they are dying or anything ,I notice I twitch a lot however that goes away when I lift weights and exercise . Also I am not losing any weight at all I've actually gained. So Is this muscle atrophy or puberty? I'm noticing a lot of asymmetry that I never had before (ive heard once a person hits this age assymetry shows up more) however I'm 18 and am going through puberty still , I've also noticed an increase in facial and body hair. I've had a full blood count and CT of my brain all completely normal. Thanks guys
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Muscle atrophy question
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 11:47:40 AM »
You might get more responses if you post this in Health Anxiety sub-forum.

Anyway, I know that I feel very weak when my anxiety is high, even though technically I can still do all the things I usually can- it just feels like it takes more exertion and like my muscles are shaky and not strong. It may be just anxiety itself causing you to feel like this.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: