Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: weakness, mnd/als concern  (Read 160 times)

Offline gossy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
weakness, mnd/als concern
« on: June 28, 2014, 01:26:51 AM »
Hi guys as some of you know I have had a few weird symtoms for a few months such as headaches, weak feeling wrist, twitching right eye and occasional buzzing ears (mainly at night when tired or after waking) I have had a CT scan which came back clear and my headaches have nearly dissapeared with only a quick occasional twinge. My concern is my wrist. Many docs have conducted strength test and all back ok but it is sometimes quite shakey and trembly and aches and feels uncomfortable when resting up my forearm. If held in certain positions with slight pressure it can tremor slightly bit full use/pressure is fine. It is not weak just feels week and is shakey and uncomfortable at times. Seems worse when tired. Could this and my eye lid twitch of a few weeks be early stages of als/mnd. I am 28 yr old male very healthy before all this started 2/3 months ago. Was suffering stress and anxiety but am much better with that now. Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: weakness, mnd/als concern
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 01:38:45 AM »
About 12 years ago I first went to my doctor with similar symptoms in my arms. He couldn't find anything wrong. The next year it came back and I went back again but he still couldn't find anything. It took me three years to realize that it always came back at the same time of year, and then suddenly I realized it was caused by repetitive motion from using the weed trimmer every spring, after my arms had grown unaccustomed to that particular type of use all winter long. So every spring they would get exhausted and start shaking and feeling weak and uncoordinated. Is there perhaps anything strenuous or repetitive you have been using your hands for? Even just using the computer mouse or keyboard more than usual might be to blame.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gossy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 01:58:34 AM »
I really cant think of anything. Iv not used the gym and feel a little unfit and went through a very stressful patch. Its not always noticeable but then comes and goes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mikeyc

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 05:51:22 AM »
Calm down mate and relax, ALS is rare, when I say rare, rarer than a brain tumour and the chances of having a brain tumour are that rare that statistics prove you have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting a brain tumour, for you to have a disease like ALS you would have to be unlucky. Secondly, ALS is characterised by clinical weakness. Meaning you can't actually USE that muscle at all. You don't have ALS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Niugi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 07:44:42 AM »
Hey Gossy,
Im a 27 male looking for the exact answer as you. My wrist issues have been going on for the last 2-3 months also. I started off with anxiety & panic attacks, head aches, twitches. I also had CT & MRI scans that came back clear, but now my main concern is my wrists. My hands constantly tremor, my wrist feel very weak & shaky at times.....plus i get constant twitches in my forearms. I know exactly what you mean when you say"My hands feel uncomfortable in certain positions" I guess it finally comforting to know i am not going thru this alone. Can i ask are you on any medication?
Bookmark and Share

Offline gossy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 04:24:43 PM »
Hi Nuigi. No im not on any medication. All I can think is that this has been triggered by a very stressful few months and may take time to resolve. Did you suffer serious stress or anxiety prior to the onset of your wrist symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Niugi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 11:59:46 PM »
Yeah mate a very stressful time. Ive been to the doctors on countless different times & I keep telling him about my wrists. He keeps telling me its "Just anxiety" :( 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: mnd ALS weakness