Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach pain very intense  (Read 133 times)

Offline mtown67

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach pain very intense
« on: June 27, 2014, 08:49:38 PM »
I have been dealing with intense stomach pain since Sept. 2013. It is so bad that I can hardly sit down. It came out of no where. It doesn't matter if I am doing something to take my mind off of it or not. My mind just focuses on it constantly. I have done the dreaded Google search for answers and we all know what that does. I have tried hypnotherapy with a therapist with no luck. My doctor does not want me on pain pills do to an addiction problem in the past. I am at my breaking point with this. Can anyone give me some advice on how to handle this. Please :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach pain very intense
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
Hi,

I am not a med professional, but during several years of extreme anxiety, I had a similar symptom and when I am at the edge of managing my stress it recurs. Because the brain and gut are interconnected through nerve systems, often folks with anxiety develop Irritable Bowel Syndrome . . . there are different manifestations from diarrhea to constipation to all sorts of stomach pain. . . . for some, there are non-prescription therapies such as Immodium for diarrhea . . . because mine was intense pain that was definitely related to anxiety (had loads of tests including a colonoscopy), docs did not prescribe pain meds either  . . . what helped me but it is not a quick fix was identifying the anxiety triggers, dealing with them, and now I use just a different lifestyle and it seems to be working in combination with mindfulness.

I, like you, just wanted it to go away . . . . at the worst, there were about 6 months when all I wanted to do was cry or scream . . .

My advice is for you to contact your doc, ask if it is or could be IBS and what types of meds are available that would not trigger an addiction . . . .the only thing that really helped me was getting to the root causes . . . I am so sorry that you are experiencing this because if it is similar to what I experienced, it is so life disrupting but get back to  the doc for a chat . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline mtown67

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 10:21:03 PM »
Thank you for the kind reply.

I know it's not IBS because it is not in my bowels. It is in my abdominal area near my belly button. I have had all test except for a Endoscopy. I am the picture of health. Yeah right. Regarding triggers, the funny thing is I am not experiencing true anxiety like I normally would. This is more like my brain is constantly sending a pain message to my stomach. I thought about the rubber band method for triggers but that will not work for this.

I am bipolar and in a major depression and have difficulty even getting out of bed. I am not very social and hardly go out of the house. So I stew in my own thoughts. I try and find things to do but I never seem to either do it or finish what I started. I am even trying to read a book on CBT but I cannot get myself to even do that. It is like I am trapped in my own head. I feel that this is making my stomach pain much worse. Funny thing is, I know what I should do to help it out but I can't. Can't, shakes my head.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 09:29:56 AM »
Hi,

Well, in my experience, when I saw a gastroenterologist, I made a similar comment that the pain was in my gut and showed him the area around my belly button also and he was quick to tell me that I needed to see how the intestinal system works and is located . . . long story short, IBS manifests symptoms beyond the intestine proper . . . he showed me where the technical intestinal system started but also where the nerve systems were . . . because IBS is not understood extremely well, I would not discount IBS or similar symptomology but only a trained medical professional can help you unravel what is going on with you as a unique individual.

If you feel trapped in your own head, then I would suggest that you consider external professional help in terms of a trained counselor who will guide you through different strategies . . . one thing that I found very negative was trying to straighten things out by myself in my head as I had no objective point of reference --- I was using the same thinking patterns to solve the problem that had created the problem . . . a good therapist helps you through the initial stages of getting started . . . but, as I said, I am not a med professional . . . . but I did find that as I managed the anxiety, the physical symptoms decreased . . . .

Sorry I could not be of more help, but when you can, please check in and let us know how you are doing . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Tags: