Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Please help, I think I'm going crazy :(  (Read 168 times)

Offline emmmmaaaa

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Please help, I think I'm going crazy :(
« on: June 27, 2014, 07:07:48 PM »
Hi!
I'm on vacation about 500 miles from my house for the next two weeks. I've been coming here every since I was born, and I never feel anxious this year, but this year I do. I have my friend with me and I'm here with my parents, and there's no reason to be anxious, but for some reason I am. I feel really anxious and I feel like crying for no reason, and I don't even feel like going to the beach or doing anything. My OCD is really bothering me, as I'm really afraid that I'm depressed or that I'm going to go crazy while we're down here. How can I forget about this and enjoy? I just don't feel like I normally do, and I don't feel any excitement. What do I do? Should I be worried? I feel like I'm going crazy :( This has been going on for about 7 months since I started Zoloft, but I quickly went off it as it made me feel really unlike myself. Yet ever since, I've felt both depressed and not like myself AT ALL and it's so scary.
Bookmark and Share
OCD // Emetephobia // Hypochondria //

Offline JustBreath

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please help, I think I'm going crazy :(
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 12:02:36 AM »
Hello :)

I got back from vacation about 2 weeks ago... We were about 12 hrs away from home and I had the exact same thing going on! I was so anxious ( I also have ocd- not diagnosed). But I somehow made it through :) it helped me to get myself distracted with something... Anything. I know exactly how you are feeling and know you will be just fine. I would look for shells at the beach and only let myself focus on that or strike up a conversation about something that interests you. Even if you don't feel like talking I found that you will probably end up being distracted by the conversation. It helps me to get almost angry with myself and say " I refuse to let this hold me back any longer, I'm done with feeling this way and I'm going to enjoy myself!".  Just know that you are not alone :) if I made it through I know you can too. Now try to enjoy yourself :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please help, I think I'm going crazy :(
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 12:53:57 AM »
Try and take some time out and let your anxious thoughts play through. Dont try to repress them or avoid them. Just let them play through. Try and view them as an outside observer giving no emotion to them.  I know its hard to get yourself to believe this but if someone was going to "go crazy", they wouldnt worry about it happening. It would just happen because they were already experiencing some type of severe mental disorder which you do not have. Vacations can be very stressful. Being away from home and all. This vacation will be over before you know it. So try and enjoy it the best you can. I wished I had some quick answer or something that could help you find quick relief. If you have been off the zoloft for awhile now then the zoloft wouldnt be causing this. This would just be more anxiety. It would be a good idea to ask your doctor for something like ativan, xanax or klonopin. Benzos can help calm you down and take the edge off. I know I have to use klonopin during times of stress just to be able to function. Hope you feel better soon and can enjoy your vacation.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Tags: