Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: mononucleosis  (Read 103 times)

Online braves0042

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
mononucleosis
« on: June 27, 2014, 05:03:35 PM »
Because I am curious, has anyone here ever had/currently have mono and have not had the usual symptoms (sore throat, fever, swollen glands, etc) to go with it? Because i was diagnosed with this almost a month ago with none of the usual symptoms and my doctor told me that Mono can cause extra anxiety and depression/hopelessness as well as depersonalization/derealization, but I am finding that so hard to believe even though i trust my doctor. My symptoms of "mono" all started with severe depersonalizton/derealization, hardcore depression and anxiety plus fatigue, eye floaters, and abdominal discomfort but i never had any of the usual mono symptoms even though i was positive for it. So im just wondering if anyone who ever had mono had an experience like this? I am afraid it could be my immune system being down from something else and it is something else other than the mono causing me to feel crazy like this :fragend005:. On a side note I did get bit by a tick about 3 months ago and a month later exactly is when all these symptoms started but i tested negative/equivocol for Lyme and my doctor said i don't have it so im still trying to figure that out as well, cause im still convinced it may have something to do with that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: mononucleosis
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 05:30:04 PM »
Had mono and enlarged spleen. I had an unbearable fever. It sucked but it goes away.
Bookmark and Share

Online braves0042

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 05:45:14 PM »
Yea ive had it for 2 months now with the oddest symptoms, just worries me that it may be something else other than mono but im not sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 205
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 05:50:08 PM »
my daughter had Lyme disease.  boy oh boy were her joints hurting her.  besides testing positive for lyme, the blood tests that show an inflammatory process going on, were abnormal----crp, esr, ana and platelets

she is all fine now
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Online braves0042

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 06:05:30 PM »
Good to hear that your daughter is doing well now :happy0151: yea i heard Lyme is bad on the joints, havent really had much joint pain and my esr was 2 and platelets were fine for the most part so maybe i should listen to the doc that i dont have it, never had an ana either. I guess mono is linked to depersonalization/derealization and increased anxiety and depression in some way.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: