Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: what proactive/enjoyable things....  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: what proactive/enjoyable things....
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2014, 05:57:58 PM »
I can see a paperclip icon, but can't seem to open the attachment to see the photo.  :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2014, 06:03:54 PM »
Toast..... it has to be approved by a Mod. first.... :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2014, 12:33:55 AM »
starting to rev up for the fourth.  we are having some family over.  I spent a bit of today deadheading flowers.  I like my gardens looking good.  I am making trifle for dessert for the fourth.  delish.  Sunday, the 6th, is my hubs and my anniversary--23 yrs. 

I am up much later tonight because my 17 yr old went to her first concert and she drove.  UGH not a fan of being up late.  6 am is going to come much earlier for me in the morning.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2014, 12:41:30 AM »
starting to rev up for the fourth.  we are having some family over.  I spent a bit of today deadheading flowers.  I like my gardens looking good.  I am making trifle for dessert for the fourth.  delish.  Sunday, the 6th, is my hubs and my anniversary--23 yrs. 

I am up much later tonight because my 17 yr old went to her first concert and she drove.  UGH not a fan of being up late.  6 am is going to come much earlier for me in the morning.

Sounds like fun! What kind of flowers have you got?
Oh, that dessert sounds tasty!
Nice to hear your plans for the 4th! Thanks for sharing your positivity and a nice anniversary, too! :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2014, 07:28:06 AM »
redapples---  i grow a bunch of  perennials.  There are:  hostas, astilbe, coral bells, grecian rose, red hot poker, coreopsis, daylilies, lavender, asiatic lilies, painted daisy, iris, shasta daisy, cone flowers, Black-eyed Susan, blue fescue, clematis, sages, oreganoes, yarrow, bleeding heart, sea holly, peony, lamb's ear and pinks.  I have butterfly bush and roses, plus numerous annuals.   my yard is full of color   :yes:

And, WOW, my 17yr old didn't get home until 1:10am.  6 am came freakishly early today.  I've gotten my eldest on the bus to go to her dayhab.  Since we are having family coming tomorrow, I have a good bit to do today.  But there is definitely going to be a nap. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 5
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2014, 01:03:12 PM »
Taking the kids to the beach tomorrow - they love that!

Congrats to 23 years sixpack!   Happy Anniversary!
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »
 :banana: Tommorow I'm going to light off lots of fire works and have a wonderful barbeque with my relatives (cousins, etc.) In general the 4th of July is am anxiety free day because I get to light off fireworks and fuse some of them together so it will be more fun for me and my relatives.  :party0006:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2014, 02:42:16 PM »
:banana: Tommorow I'm going to light off lots of fire works and have a wonderful barbeque with my relatives (cousins, etc.) In general the 4th of July is am anxiety free day because I get to light off fireworks and fuse some of them together so it will be more fun for me and my relatives.  :party0006:

Hello my Poke friend!  :yes:

Sounds awesome!!! Fireworks fun! Glad to see you having some good positivity !!! :action-smiley-065: :action-smiley-065: :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2014, 02:47:01 PM »
sounds good smalm
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2014, 02:52:28 PM »
I hope the both of you sixpack and redapples have a fantastic 4th of July ;D!!!!
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2014, 03:05:56 PM »
thanks.  so far all looks good.  I still have a lot of prep work before people come though.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2014, 11:43:45 AM »
Well today actually IS my birthday, so I'm going to do the least amount of work I can get by with. That doesn't mean I'm sitting around on my rump though; I started some ribs in the slow cooker and will finish them on the grill this afternoon. A few friends are coming over for a cookout; we'll have the aforementioned ribs, some brats and franks, and some burgers, plus whatever people end up bringing. Lots of cold beverages and so forth. I probably should mow the lawn, but I'm not terribly motivated to do it on my birthday. I think I'll leave it be, and if anyone complains I'll show them where the mower is and tell them to have at it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2014, 02:00:55 PM »
 :( I should have taken my own advice and not mowed the lawn. I twisted my ankle mowing the lawn and felt it pop. Now it's really swollen and very stiff and hurts to put pressure on it. I'll be spending most of the day sitting down apparently, so at least it's a good excuse not to do any more work today...
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2014, 02:15:46 PM »
Well today actually IS my birthday, so I'm going to do the least amount of work I can get by with. That doesn't mean I'm sitting around on my rump though; I started some ribs in the slow cooker and will finish them on the grill this afternoon. A few friends are coming over for a cookout; we'll have the aforementioned ribs, some brats and franks, and some burgers, plus whatever people end up bringing. Lots of cold beverages and so forth. I probably should mow the lawn, but I'm not terribly motivated to do it on my birthday. I think I'll leave it be, and if anyone complains I'll show them where the mower is and tell them to have at it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Toasted Butter!!!!! Have a great one! Brats and franks and burgers...::drooling uncontrollably here::

aaaacccckkkk...you twisted your ankle? ice, baby, ice!!! Leg UP. Put a steak on it. Sorry. All the talk of food has me excited. Hope your ankle feels better and you enjoy your birthday!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2014, 03:51:15 PM »
YIKES toasted.  I shoulda lent our lawn mower guy to you  :winking0008:  .  Happy birthday!!!

We are soon to have peeps here.  We are doing strip steaks this time  B-;    I am getting ready to make frozen margaritas   :P

My trifle looks fabulous too.

hope you all have a marvelous time today.  especially toasted being his b'day and sprained ankle day
Bookmark and Share

Tags: