Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: what proactive/enjoyable things....  (Read 892 times)

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
Re: what proactive/enjoyable things....
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2014, 08:22:09 AM »
Good for you sixpack!  Sounds fun!
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline lilyofthevalley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2014, 08:59:23 AM »
What a great post!! Little late into the weekend, but oh well! I got a fit bit as well a couple of weeks ago and I am finding it a GREAT motivation to get myself out of the house and away from the computer and googling. Hopefully, I will get in better shape as a result as well.

Yesterday, we had an absolutely gorgeous day so I took a couple of small wlks, but worked a lot outside of the house, mowing, weed whacking, etc which was great to see the outside of the house looking so nice.

Today, I think we will work on the pergula we have been building and take a hike at a local state park.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Online LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2014, 06:19:53 PM »
Just to update everyone---

Friday night, my husband and I went to dinner then we went to the mall to pick up my son and his friends, after a movie. We got there a little early, so we just walked around and I bought my first Christmas.  I bought my son a hockey jersey...granted it was for a player that just got traded, but it was a great price---normally $150.00 on sale for $39.99
Can't beat that!!!!!!!!!!!  Then went home DVR'D the NHL draft----

Saturday, cleaned the entire house, I even steam cleaned all of the floors and put out the lavender candles.  The three of us then went to dinner, went to Target, and then Home Depot---I found my new rose bush and it was on sale.

Today, I finished the wash and went food shopping.  My husband planted the new rose bush and put new mulch around the front yard garden.

As a reward for myself, I just had a relaxing bath, with epsom salts.  I have IC & pelvic floor dysfunction and I was hurting just a bit---it is either that or I ate something I shouldn't have.  But I didn't fret about it, I know what it is, and I will not let myself think that it is something that the countless doctors or MRI/CT scans didn't pick up.

Overall, my family and I had a wonderful weekend and only 12 days to vacation.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »
Update on my enjoyable things: Went out of comfort zone to the party and had no problems, even though it was a 34 mile round tripper! *for a while, I couldn't even go in my yard...so this was huge.

Also hit the beach today, where I'd been having "heat anxiety" issues. Again, no problem. Had a great weekend.

I really love this post that was started. It's nice to see the progress that everyone is making :action-smiley-065: :laugh3: :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

• Rec's: 197
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2014, 08:11:22 PM »
 :happy0001: Lad and red
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2014, 08:17:48 PM »
Thanks, Sixpack!! :action-smiley-065: :action-smiley-065: :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Online LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2014, 11:58:43 AM »
Sixpack

Thanks ---- this was a great idea for the weekend

Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2014, 12:07:09 PM »
glad you all liked it.

this morning my dog and I headed out for our walk.  I was just about to finish when I saw my friend just heading out with two of her dogs--and english mastiff and a french mastiff.  so roxxy and I said, "what the hell"  and went around with them.  so that made it a 3.43 mile jaunt.  we came home and roxxy flopped.  an hour and a half later my 13 yr old walked and I into the village and got slurpees and shared a bag of chips.  that was 4.14 miles.  and it was toasty out there.   :laugh3:   I am sitting here cooling off before I hit the shower.  7 1/2 miles before noon, not bad
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2014, 01:56:12 AM »
Sixpack, way to GO!!!! Sounds like you and the doggies had fun! 7 1/2 miles - not bad at all!

Slurpees and chips. Great for a hot day. Toasty here in NY, too.  :action-smiley-065: :yes: :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2014, 06:25:23 AM »
Sixpack, way to GO!!!! Sounds like you and the doggies had fun! 7 1/2 miles - not bad at all!

Slurpees and chips. Great for a hot day. Toasty here in NY, too.  :action-smiley-065: :yes: :winking0008:

I live in western NY   ;D
Bookmark and Share

Online sixpack

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2014, 07:05:17 AM »
I will be heading out for my morning jaunt.  I just got my eldest out to her bus(she is disabled and goes to a day hab daily).  I am going to eat my oatmeal and blueberries, then out the dog and I go.  I don't know if I will meet up with my friend and her dogs today. We walk together during the school year.  But now that school is out and she doesn't have to supervise kids,  she is a more "sleep in" kinda gal.  lol. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2014, 09:00:07 AM »
I have to say my day isn't going well, fearing rabies because of tingling in my arm... If I don't die of that then I'll die of boredom.  :sign0067:
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is like a shadow, always there. I used to do so much fun stuff without my anxiety and now I do so little with it :(

Online sixpack

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2014, 09:15:05 AM »
I have to say my day isn't going well, fearing rabies because of tingling in my arm... If I don't die of that then I'll die of boredom.  :sign0067:

there in lies the problem.  you are just allowing anxiety to dictate your life.  if you actually got out and about.  if you went out and took walks or went shopping---even just window shopping--- if you opted to keep yourself occupied with meaningful activities, over time you would start getting better.  But as long as you listen and accept all of your anxious thoughts as truth, you are going to live in fear.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline br350

• Rec's: 27
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 09:38:46 AM »
Today I'm thankful for my job. :yes:  Despite years of countless ups and down with some severe HA, my job has forced me focus outside myself.  Even if I've shown up after crying for the whole ride there  :traurig001:, or having to go to the ladies room at times to compose myself, it has been truly a Godsend to have the 'forced' focus of having to work and get through the day.  Yes, the anxiety is there and it is never far from my thoughts, but it gets blunted, out of necessity, because of the tasks at hand.

Sixpack, long time no see!  Wonderful to see a post from you.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
"Worrying is like a rocking chair: It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere."

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2014, 10:19:40 AM »
This is a great thread, sixpack. Enjoy reading and will post in time. Weekend was not so great but what goes down will rise. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: