Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: what proactive/enjoyable things....  (Read 1289 times)

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
Re: what proactive/enjoyable things....
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 10:43:50 PM »
Just started using a FitBit as of this week.  It is kinda cool because I am way more focused on walking 10,000 steps everyday than I am about myself - I have a healthy, daily goal I want to reach and I know if I do reach it daily.  Not only walking, but it holds me accountable for exercising (I get some of those 10,000 steps in that way) - so I am very thankful for this. 

Might take my kids to my mom's house - she lives 2 hrs away - and they love going to see her.  That would give all of us something fun to do. 

I love super hero movies :-) and I have one taped on my dvr that I haven't seen yet (Captain America - I am behind on that one!) and am excited to watch it, hopefully this weekend.

P.S.  This is a great post.  This is how change begins!!! I hope more people reply!!  Hoping everyone has a great weekend!
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 01:06:58 AM »
Great idea to be proactive! Unfortunately this weekend is pretty packed with a funeral tomorrow, dinner at my mom's on Sunday, and taking care of animals for a friend who is out of town. Hopefully I'll get a chance next week to do more photography, maybe Monday. That's my go-to for getting myself out of my head and out into the world where I forget about my anxiety for a while. When I'm photographing wildlife, even if it's just the blackbirds near my house, I forget everything else and my pain and anxiety melts away during that moment. I take my camera everywhere anymore because I never know when I might find an opportunity. Here's my online photo album for anyone who might be curious about my photography:

http://500px.com/KentTurner
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 01:15:52 AM »
Great idea to be proactive! Unfortunately this weekend is pretty packed with a funeral tomorrow, dinner at my mom's on Sunday, and taking care of animals for a friend who is out of town. Hopefully I'll get a chance next week to do more photography, maybe Monday. That's my go-to for getting myself out of my head and out into the world where I forget about my anxiety for a while. When I'm photographing wildlife, even if it's just the blackbirds near my house, I forget everything else and my pain and anxiety melts away during that moment. I take my camera everywhere anymore because I never know when I might find an opportunity. Here's my online photo album for anyone who might be curious about my photography:

http://500px.com/KentTurner

Your photography is phenomenal! I'm a photographer, too. I also always have my camera gear with me. I find that photography helps me to "focus" on the "now" and not the "what ifs" and "UH OHs". I love the assortment of birds you've captured! The flight shots are wonderful. In NY where I live, we've got foxes, deer, most of the birds in your photos. I'm making my way back out into the wild after having a tough 2 years, so I've dusted off my cameras and lenses.

Thank you for sharing your link. I've bookmarked it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 01:22:02 AM »
Thanks, I'm glad you like my photographs! I haven't been photographing birds for long- just since this March really when I got a zoom lens. now I'm saving up for a telephoto so I can get more birds! It's become a bit of an obsession. But that's pretty typical for me and my hobbies... ::) This one is good though because it gets me off my behind and outside walking, which is good for me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 01:26:02 AM »
Thanks, I'm glad you like my photographs! I haven't been photographing birds for long- just since this March really when I got a zoom lens. now I'm saving up for a telephoto so I can get more birds! It's become a bit of an obsession. But that's pretty typical for me and my hobbies... ::) This one is good though because it gets me off my behind and outside walking, which is good for me!

You're welcome!

Only been photographing birds since March? You've got a great eye. Really.

I use Canon DSLRs, and my largest zoom is the Tamron 200-500. I rarely use a tripod with that lens when I'm sitting and stalking the wildlife. I've learned how to hold it so that there's no shake. I'm getting quite motivated to break that lens out again soon.

Anything that gets us out walking...or just getting out, is good for us!

:action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 01:32:54 AM »
I also use Canon, my largest zoom is a humble 70-250mm but I'm saving for a 400mm prime to do birding. You should definitely get your lens out! It's a great excuse to get outside that doesn't feel like an excuse!
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 01:42:26 AM »
I also use Canon, my largest zoom is a humble 70-250mm but I'm saving for a 400mm prime to do birding. You should definitely get your lens out! It's a great excuse to get outside that doesn't feel like an excuse!

I have the 70-300 in addition to the Tamron 200-500. And assorted other lenses, wide angle, kit, macro, bokeh, I can't even count!
I will be getting those lenses and cameras out ... very soon. Tomorrow I'm going to a party and there's wildlife there, too. I think I'll be packing a Canon and some lenses. It's a great excuse to get out...and get focused on things other than anxiety!

almost 2 a.m. here so time to hit the sheets! Have a great night, see everyone tomorrow night. :happy0151: :yes: :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 08:50:05 AM »
Looks like some peeps here have some nice plans.  Some have great hobbies that can really be the ticket to calming a mind and body down.   ;D
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 09:04:23 AM »
we saw "Edge Of Tomorrow"  we liked it.  Hubs said it was like a video game.  You 'die' but keep playing the game over and over until you beat the monster/bad guy.

WOW, I stayed in bed until 7:45am.  Then off for the walk with the doggy.  Only 2.5 miles today.  she, the dog, has flopped herself on the ground.   Today is my eldest's 27th b'day but were are going to do the party thing tomorrow cuz my bff has a big wing ding at her house today.   I still get to make cupcakes.    My big things that keep me grounded are gardening, walking/hiking with my dog AND baking   ;D

the only downer is our AC is not working.  we had the annual service done on it a few weeks ago.  so who knows,  our ac guy is coming today before noon.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2014, 09:10:53 AM »
Love this post thank you Sixpack!!

For me this weekend I have family coming down and just visiting and hoping the kids don't get on my nerves lol.. I am not used to small children around so that will sure be one test for me this weekend.!

Next week I am going to find a new therapist and get me better and stop trying to fix everyone else and expect them to fix me!

I would love to do photography like so many others do but I am so shaky all my photos would be a blur lol. I would love to do a lot its just making myself get over the fear to try new things and I really need to get out and meet some new people I have isolated myself and some days I think its better then some days I could sure use some good friends ! My hubby isn't like having a good female friend .

I do love to watch TV way to much ! I also am online way to much!  Two things that need to be worked on!
thanks again and good luck all and have fun!!
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2014, 03:03:01 PM »
tulip

don't let fears or symptoms get in your way to try things.  anxiety, given the chance, will suck joy out your life.    If you would love to try photography, then  DO it.  who care if your first pictures are blurry.  the whole idea is to get your mind involved with something else.  A body/mind calms down when it is allowed to.   ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2014, 03:17:12 PM »
I agree, do it! Sometimes I am shaky but I just set the camera to a faster shutter speed, or use a tripod if necessary.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2014, 05:31:06 PM »
Hi, well I went to the coffee shop with my husband, sat with our neighbor from down the street who suggested a good flea shampoo for my Pug.  We sat there a good hour or so, then went to the Pet shop, but I forgot to buy poop bags  :-*  Then we went out to lunch, sat outside our favorite local restaurant----my husband had salad and a roast beef sandwich, I had the veggie pizza. 

Back home now after going to the grocery store to buy some items for dinner.

After dinner I'm going to relax with my 'Meatless Mondays' cookbook to find recipes to cook for my lunches.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2014, 07:22:09 AM »
sounds fun carrie ann  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2014, 07:25:27 AM »
I had a very good time at my friends' party yesterday.  my hubs and kids left before me.  it isn't unusual for hubs to leave first, but I usually end up leaving before my kids.  they don't want to leave the pool.   :laugh3:    I indulged in too much wine though.   :sprachlos020:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: