Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: what proactive/enjoyable things....  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Eighty-1

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: what proactive/enjoyable things....
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 08:00:06 PM »
Six....Lol - Blossom just popped into my head (showing my age)

Just wanted to let you know I'm so glad that you take time out of your day with these encouraging messages and respond to our way of thinking.  I hope in a way you are awarded for your efforts as much as some of us take solace in your reasoning.

Have a great weekend.

Brandon :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 08:26:34 PM »
Sixpack, I love this post! 

Tomorrow I was planning on going to the pet shop to buy flea shampoo for my poor Pug who has the itchies----Frontline didn't totally help.  And he needs more poop bags (so I don't leave any surprises on my neighbor's lawns  :happy0151:

Then I was going to scour through a cookbook 'Meatless Mondays' for recipes.  I'm planning on going semi-vegetarian. 

Other than that, nothing real exciting----change my bed sheets, tidy up.  Oh----I know what I really wanted to treat myself to, I have the most wonderful coffee shop two blocks down from my house, I might walk down---or sit there with my husband awhile to do our favorite thing, people watch!

Love your posts!  Keep up the inspiring encouragement  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 08:28:12 PM »
Good post.

I'm going to give myself some small goals:

I'll have some fun shopping for 4th of July stuff for a bbq I'm hosting for my family.  I'll listen to music while cleaning the house and will enjoy some beers too, while cleaning.. And after.

I may wash my car..

I won't look for symptoms in the mirror - throat, back, forehead, teeth, etc.. Anything which requires a mirror.

I won't think of myself as toxic and contagious - which means I'll kiss my wife, sip from other peoples glasses if they have beer I need to taste..

I won't refer to myself as crazy, stupid, dying, sick, or any other kind of label.

Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 09:30:08 PM »
Okay I'm going to do this  :bigsmile:

Well, tomorrow is pretty much all planned out. I work from noon-close (9). But Sunday my family and I are starting our 'Sunday Vacations' since my brother and I work all during the week along with my dad. First we're going to go to church, the one my brother went to when he was in college and then we're going to his favorite restaurant. After that we're going golfing! Hopefully there won't be any rain! Then of course ice cream after all that! (It's obviously my brother's day to choose things to do)

My day is on the 13th and even though I'm 21 I will admit that I absolutely LOVE the zoo and so we're going to go to our home church and then head on down to Columbus and shop a little then eat at my favorite restaurant, Max and Erma's, and then go to the zoo! I'm so excited! Hopefully this will keep my mind of all this dumb hypochondriac stuff.

P.S. Sixpack....I think I am almost moved on from my bt fear! Yay! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I have pancreatic cancer now so that sucks. But I just wanted to thank you for all the support and encouragement you gave me during my bt fears. I'm pretty sure 98% of the reason I was able to move on was thanks to your support!
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 09:53:38 PM »
Today was a great day. Long walk to neighbors on next block (I took the long way on purpose because  of my "anxiety" when walking ), fixed neighbors printer/fax, then went to a store that I've been avoiding and felt totally normal there. Came home and sat outside in the heat and didn't allow it to trigger my "heat anxiety".

Tomorrow I'm going to a birthday bash which is out of my comfort zone. I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be outside but I know that if I get too hot, I can run inside for a dose of A/C.  :yes: :yes: :yes:

Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 10:43:50 PM »
Just started using a FitBit as of this week.  It is kinda cool because I am way more focused on walking 10,000 steps everyday than I am about myself - I have a healthy, daily goal I want to reach and I know if I do reach it daily.  Not only walking, but it holds me accountable for exercising (I get some of those 10,000 steps in that way) - so I am very thankful for this. 

Might take my kids to my mom's house - she lives 2 hrs away - and they love going to see her.  That would give all of us something fun to do. 

I love super hero movies :-) and I have one taped on my dvr that I haven't seen yet (Captain America - I am behind on that one!) and am excited to watch it, hopefully this weekend.

P.S.  This is a great post.  This is how change begins!!! I hope more people reply!!  Hoping everyone has a great weekend!
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Look, and you will find.

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 01:06:58 AM »
Great idea to be proactive! Unfortunately this weekend is pretty packed with a funeral tomorrow, dinner at my mom's on Sunday, and taking care of animals for a friend who is out of town. Hopefully I'll get a chance next week to do more photography, maybe Monday. That's my go-to for getting myself out of my head and out into the world where I forget about my anxiety for a while. When I'm photographing wildlife, even if it's just the blackbirds near my house, I forget everything else and my pain and anxiety melts away during that moment. I take my camera everywhere anymore because I never know when I might find an opportunity. Here's my online photo album for anyone who might be curious about my photography:

http://500px.com/KentTurner
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 01:15:52 AM »
Great idea to be proactive! Unfortunately this weekend is pretty packed with a funeral tomorrow, dinner at my mom's on Sunday, and taking care of animals for a friend who is out of town. Hopefully I'll get a chance next week to do more photography, maybe Monday. That's my go-to for getting myself out of my head and out into the world where I forget about my anxiety for a while. When I'm photographing wildlife, even if it's just the blackbirds near my house, I forget everything else and my pain and anxiety melts away during that moment. I take my camera everywhere anymore because I never know when I might find an opportunity. Here's my online photo album for anyone who might be curious about my photography:

http://500px.com/KentTurner

Your photography is phenomenal! I'm a photographer, too. I also always have my camera gear with me. I find that photography helps me to "focus" on the "now" and not the "what ifs" and "UH OHs". I love the assortment of birds you've captured! The flight shots are wonderful. In NY where I live, we've got foxes, deer, most of the birds in your photos. I'm making my way back out into the wild after having a tough 2 years, so I've dusted off my cameras and lenses.

Thank you for sharing your link. I've bookmarked it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 01:22:02 AM »
Thanks, I'm glad you like my photographs! I haven't been photographing birds for long- just since this March really when I got a zoom lens. now I'm saving up for a telephoto so I can get more birds! It's become a bit of an obsession. But that's pretty typical for me and my hobbies... ::) This one is good though because it gets me off my behind and outside walking, which is good for me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 01:26:02 AM »
Thanks, I'm glad you like my photographs! I haven't been photographing birds for long- just since this March really when I got a zoom lens. now I'm saving up for a telephoto so I can get more birds! It's become a bit of an obsession. But that's pretty typical for me and my hobbies... ::) This one is good though because it gets me off my behind and outside walking, which is good for me!

You're welcome!

Only been photographing birds since March? You've got a great eye. Really.

I use Canon DSLRs, and my largest zoom is the Tamron 200-500. I rarely use a tripod with that lens when I'm sitting and stalking the wildlife. I've learned how to hold it so that there's no shake. I'm getting quite motivated to break that lens out again soon.

Anything that gets us out walking...or just getting out, is good for us!

:action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything