Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New fear, pulmonary embolism.  (Read 150 times)

Offline meganx0x0

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New fear, pulmonary embolism.
« on: June 27, 2014, 03:54:25 PM »
For the last couple days I feel like I have been taking really shallow breaths and my chest feels tight. Today when I was at Kaiser with my kids I tried to take a deep breath and I had a really sharp pain. I'm so scared that I have a PE. I took an ativan and am laying down, but I can't get this worry out of my head. I don't want to have a blood clot and I don't want to die.
Bookmark and Share

Offline OCD_intrudes_on_me

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New fear, pulmonary embolism.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 04:24:30 PM »
You'll be okay. Just concentrate on your breathing, with calm thoughts. Picture a beautiful landscape, where a single bird is gliding over the trees. Try to imagine seeing through the birds eyes and what it might feel like to have the breeze blowing through your feathers and across the top of your wings. Free from the worries left on the ground; just you and the sun in the sky.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Re: New fear, pulmonary embolism.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 08:10:50 PM »
Well PE starts as a blood clot in your legs. Chances are if you had once in your legs, you would have had profound swelling of the ankles, and pain inside of your legs to the point where you couldn't help but notice it. If you didn't have that, you probably don't have PE. I would see your doctor though, to rule out asthma or perhaps a respiratory infection.

Don't worry, you don't have PE. If you did you wouldn't be sitting here talking to us right now.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Tags: