Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lots of bruises?? Leukemia anxiety!  (Read 186 times)

Offline ETE44

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lots of bruises?? Leukemia anxiety!
« on: June 27, 2014, 02:07:32 PM »
So I was doing pretty okay with health anxiety lately. Suddenly, I looked down at my arm and saw a line of small yellowish bruises going up from my elbow to my wrist. You can't even see them at first glance, but they're definitely there. Now I'm panicking and I'm sure I have leukemia or some sort of blood disease!! I have no idea where they could have came from, and in a line like that. They're light yellow and only the slightest bit dark on some of them, and almost blend into my skin. I don't see any bruises anyplace else on my body, and my only other symptom is a full feeling in the stomach--but I've been eating just fine. I'm totally scared though and I can't stop panicking!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lots of bruises?? Leukemia anxiety!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 02:41:42 PM »
I get bruises all the time and I don't even remember how they happened. Don't stress about it, seriously, you only have one anyway. You could have bumped your arm with something and don't even remember.
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 03:12:38 PM »
ETE, I get those small bruises a lot of times too.....I have finally found the culprits!!!  First, I realized I had too much crap in my purse, and once I unloaded half of it, that helped.....then it began again....second culprit, carrying too many shopping and grocery bags on one arm!!!! 

I'm sure there's an explanation just as simple as mine was!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline StrongintheFaith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 11:52:33 PM »
I too find bruises on myself that I have no clue where they are from. I think our skin is just most fragile in some places than others.
Bookmark and Share

Offline icedreams

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 12:20:37 AM »
Haha, ETE, this is crazy! Just a few weeks ago the exact same thing happened to me -- out of nowhere, I noticed a line of yellowish bruises on my forearm! Just like you, I freaked out and was convinced I had leukemia.  Guess what? I didn't, and neither do you. If you had leukemia, you'd be experiencing night sweats, weight loss, fatigue and a range of other symptoms.  And just as a side note, bruises from leukemia don't just appear out of nowhere. They form just like regular bruises -- the only difference is they form more easily. If you had leukemia, you wouldn't just be bruising in one spot -- you would be bruising everywhere, every time you hit a table/chair/hard object.

My advice is to just to calm down, relax, and try to stay off Google! Trust me -- you'll be okay. I think forearm skin must just be particularly fragile, if we both had bruises there! Mine disappeared in a couple days, but it can take a few weeks in some cases. I hope this helps and I hope you feel better. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 12:21:53 AM »
I don't know if you're taking an anti depressant, but I'm on Prozac and I find a lot of yellow bruises on myself.

Certain meds can make us bruise more easily, even the slightest bump can turn into one or 10.  :sprachlos020:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: