Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Really scary/weird feeling  (Read 250 times)

Offline braves0042

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Really scary/weird feeling
« on: June 27, 2014, 01:09:35 PM »
Ok, so about two months ago out of nowhere i was seem to be hit with depersonalization/derealization. I was really confused and scared by this seeing as it had no real cause and before the time up until it hit me i had no anxiety or depression at all. It never let up at all and it stays with me 24/7. So a month after this all happened i decided to head to my doctor and finally I was diagnosed with MONO, he said this could be the cause of everything that has happened as i explained to him how it all went down. But I was very skeptical about that because i did not really have any symptoms of mono aside from fatigue and slight left abdominal discomfort. Since then i have been to about four doctors and had numerous blood tests done, and everything comes out normal for the most part, they even checked my eyes to see if anything might be going on in my head and the doctors say I am ok and its nothing to worry about. And another thing to add, ever since this happened two months ago i get this extremely eerie feeling. Its really hard to explain but the best way to put is like this: I will just be sitting down trying to enjoy tv and ill get this horrible chill in my head and down my back. Its almost like impending doom, as if its a sign from life that I am ignoring that something sinister is going on with my body, or a reminder from life that my time is up as my body/brain senses that i wont be around much longer or something. And it ALWAYS happens to me whenever im trying to be happy or positive about life, or trying to think about an interest other than my current situation, I could not be thinking about anything and it wil just hit me and it sseems as if i have no control over it, the feeling never lets up. Does anyone else get these scary feelings? Because i have never experienced these before until i got DP/DR two months ago that's why it scares me so much. Can anxiety and depression really give you those horrible feelings? I hope its not some kind of premonition or something because that's really scary.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really scary/weird feeling
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 01:57:06 PM »
Hi Braves, and welcome to Anxiety Zone...  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Braves, you are describing a most classic pattern of a anxiety/depressive disorder.  I have never found a name for it, but I call it "the light-switch effect".  It happened to me again, just last night.  I was sitting in my favorite easy chair, watching a little TV, and out of nowhere it was like someone hit that light-switch and this overwhelming feeling of a deep dark depressive thought entered my mind.  When you are sensitized, these thoughts can come out of nowhere, or a simple thought like having one dirty fork in the kitchen sink can trigger them.

You mentioned that you have seen four doctors so far.  I saw six before I saw the right one, and that right on was a psychiatrist, and boy am I glad I found her.  She gave me a diagnosis, put me on anti-depressant therapy, and put together a treatment plan tailored just for me.  That plan included seeing a therapist that specialized in anxiety disorders.  By-the-way, anxiety and depression often run hand-in-hand; they can be like Siamese twins.

So, you are not alone, Braves.  You will find plenty of company on the site, and that includes me.

Good to have you here.  The very best to you, Braves!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline braves0042

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 02:03:27 PM »
Thank you for your reply and welcoming Chuck, btw my name is Chuck as well lol  :laugh3:. Anyway yea i have really developed a anxiety/depression spell because of all this and it can be scary and hard to deal with especially when it lasts at least most of the hours of the day. Mornings are THE WORST, waking up with the feeling of doom going up and down my chest. Its been a rough time but I am hoping to overcome this soon before i get too comfortable with it and become it. Anyone else with any other experiences like this?
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Global Moderator
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 03:07:34 PM »
Hi Chuck!  Chuck back with you (LOL! :laugh3:)...

I wanted you to know that for the majority of people that suffer with anxiety/depressive disorders, mornings, upon waking, are usually the worst time.  That is because there are a lot of processes taking place, when we go from a sleeping to a waking state.  One of those processes is the release of added stress hormones, such as cortisol, which will increase our anxiety.

And you are right for wanting to move as quickly as possible to get this situation under control, as your brain can set-up anxiety/depression as the default setting.

Good to have you on Anxiety Zone, Chuck.  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kenzie

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 03:12:55 PM »
im in the same boat as you hun, everyday is a struggle for me, i have derealization everyday and its so scary and i dont understand why it happens to me, i made a drs apt so im hoping they can help me out figuring out whats going on with me. your not alone, i joined this form and its been helping me knowing im not the only one suffering with these things and i have people to talk to. iv been in bed for the past 3 days casue i have no motivation im not happy nothing even when my bf tries to motivate me and make me happy it just doesnt work, were all here for you! i literally have anxiety everyday i bought this spray called panic button , its supposed to relax your mind by the smells and i also listen to meditation for anxiety videos they help alot, i went to the drs on monday and he said everything was fine and gave me xanax and i still didnt feel right so i ended up in the ER and got tests done and everything and i was perfectly fine its a very scary thing to deal with everyday :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline braves0042

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 03:29:26 PM »
Thank you Chuck an Kenzie. It is really hard dealing with all this and very few happy moments in between and scared feeling, hopefully they pass soon for all of us. My doctor prescribed me celexa but i am unsure about taking it, i may try st johns wort first to see if that helps me out of this for a while.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kenzie

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 03:31:41 PM »
let us know how it works out for you! my dr prescribed me xanax and i was so scared to take it for the longest time but its reassuring that i have something near me that can help IF i NEED it. seriously tho try listening to meditation for anxiety videos on youtube, i have been doing it all day and i have felt good :D
Bookmark and Share

Offline braves0042

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »
Thank you and I will take your advice on that. I also have the Midwest center for stress and anxiety program from a while ago but I have not used it yet since I haven't been able to concentrate on really anything other than how I am feeling lol I need to get over that, if these "death feelings" as I like to call them would just disappear I would be fine but they get me all the time. I'm really hoping that it all just anxiety and depression doing that cause if not then that would be freaky lol
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Global Moderator
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 07:34:20 PM »
Chuck...

Just wanted to share with you that I have been on Celexa for seven months now, in case you have any questions about that anti-depressant...

As always, the best to you, Chuck!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline braves0042

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 07:49:39 PM »
Thank you Chuck, best to you as well  :winking0008: yea i have the citalopram and st. johns wort. Debating on taking either one because of side effects though. the Celexa is 10mg and ive never been on one of these meds before. How was your experience on it ?
Bookmark and Share