Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: HORRIBLE fear of allergic reaction.  (Read 165 times)

Online terri

• Rec's: 0
  • love life
    • Poke This Member
HORRIBLE fear of allergic reaction.
« on: June 27, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »
i've come to the realization that i have a VAST fear of allergic reactions, lately. i go to the grocery store and i bet $5million dollars the cashier knows what i am going to buy item for item, each time. i am afraid to try any seasonings [other than salt, pepper and garlic powder] because i am deathly afraid i will have my throat swell up and that will be the end of me.

i am also deathly afraid of medications, because i HAVE had numerous reactions to them.

i'm trying to see if anyone else is like this. i am a smoker, and when someone offers me one of their cigarettes, i say NO quickly because i am also afraid i will have a reaction to a different brand, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilmsflynn

• Rec's: 3
  • Just remember to keep breathing...
    • Poke This Member
Re: HORRIBLE fear of allergic reaction.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 05:25:00 PM »
Oh dear that's not good . I have had the same fears for over two yrs and now I'm a wreck. You must get some help now before it spirals even more out of control . I am so afraid of food, lotions, shampoo, meds, smells from cooking foods in case of anaphylaxis ! I have ruined any chance of eating normally , and now I am anaemic and needs tablets and won't touch them. I've had a uti for 7 months solid and won't touch the antibiotics. Been prescribed psych meds for my severe phobias , anxiety and bi polar and won't dare take them as I have had med allergies . So you really have to try cbt or some talking therapy before things get so bad . I'm sorry I cannot help you but just know you are not alone
Bookmark and Share

Offline kimjai08

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »
I feel for you!   I had my tooth worked on and have a gum infection since Thursday.  I just keep putting off taking the antibiotic hoping it will go away.  It's ridiculous!   My husband is like " just swallow it and go to sleep!"  If it was only so easy!!
Bookmark and Share

Online terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 10:06:27 PM »
i am hoping that it won't get to the point of me being anemic, etc, because i DO eat food, just don't try anything new, for fear of allergies.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: