Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello! I'm new here! :)  (Read 64 times)

Offline AKRaven

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello! I'm new here! :)
« on: June 27, 2014, 03:16:53 AM »
Hi, I'm AKRaven (because I couldn't think of anything better), and I am from Alaska. I decided to make a topic here in the introduction forums because I got a message prompting me to do so after posting in the GAD forum. I was kind of intimidated at first, but this is coming from the girl who doesn't like multiplayer games because I feel like people are judging me. After getting a very motivational reply to a topic I posted I decided it was worth the risk. So here goes...

I am a young teen starting my freshman year this August and I was diagnosed with GAD just five months ago. I found this site when looking for a place to get help with an issue I've been having regarding my anxiety (luckily I found the help I needed). I am a bit of a nerd and enjoy watching anime and gaming when I get the chance. I also love Sci-Fi as a genre for anything, be it books, movies, video games, ect. I can speak fluent Spanish and am learning Japanese.

I have a near two-year-old little brother named Ethan (and I'm pretty sure he's the main cause of my anxiety!). I am one of his main caretakers this summer by putting him to bed, getting him ready in the morning, and some more work in between.

My dream in life is to become a chemical engineer or a theoretical physicist. I also want to visit and possibly live in Japan.

That's all I can think of. Just a warning, I'm not the best at spelling or grammar! Thanks for taking the time to read this! I hope I didn't waste your time! :)
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello! I'm new here! :)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 03:44:28 AM »
Hi AKRaven,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. The chat room is for members 18 years and older only. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: