Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New Anxious Lady wishes to join  (Read 39 times)

Offline MissMurphy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New Anxious Lady wishes to join
« on: June 27, 2014, 02:17:45 AM »
Hi there everyone,

I'm a 29 year old female who has suffered from anxiety from self-inflicted past mistakes I've made. I carry a lot of guilt over things I've done in the past and can't seem to forgive myself even though they've all been apologised for and resolved... anyway since this time I've suffered from anxiety on and off and low doses of Zoloft have always worked very well at keeping the anxiety under control.

Well 2 years ago I had my first child and came off my zoloft and thankfully had a cruisy pregnancy without an ounce of anxiety, and it wasnt until my son was 18 months old that the anxiety started up again. This time zoloft didn't work as quickly and I needed to get to 100mg before it made any difference.... once I got my dosage right of course I fell pregnant again and took myself off the zoloft but this time the anxiety came on so strong and also made me feel incredibly depressed and 'hopeless'.. I didnt know how I'd get to next week, let alone how I was going to look after 2 kids under 2, so the doc recommended I go back onto the zoloft. Over the past 4 weeks I've been titrating back up to 100mg, with each increase I feel amazing for a week, like totally normal, and then suddenly the anxious tight chested feeling creeps back in, then I'll dose up again and for a week I feel great, etc...

SO I've been on 100mg for a week and of course today my anxiety has started to creep back up. Is this normal and should I just give it more time, or do you think zoloft has stopped working for me? I don't really want to go much higher in my dosage because of the pregnancy, but I don't want to be in a black hole for my kids either....

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Anxious Lady wishes to join
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 03:35:57 AM »
Hi MissMurphy,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Online Liana

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Anxious Lady wishes to join
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:46:46 PM »
Hi there, and welcome to AZ.  I read your intro, and am wondering if you've spoken to your Doc about the dosages, and maybe the possibility of trying a different medication if Zoloft isn't working the way it used to.  I'm currently dosing up my medication, and I have to remind myself that sometimes that anxiety can creep in at times.  Do you do any other coping techniques?  Deep breathing, yoga, or other relaxing things?

Be sure to read the forums while you're on, and once you're approved for the chat room come in and talk.  It's really helpful to share with others going through similar situations.

Take care,
Liana
Bookmark and Share

Tags: