Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What is this? This is not anxiety I swear.  (Read 586 times)

Offline Nala1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is this? This is not anxiety I swear.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 12:52:16 PM »
I am not a dr or anything but my dr has told me this. I used to call him in like panic mode bc i felt so weird all the time. Recently as well. He told me its the anxiety so out of control its all the adrenaline running warp speed through your body all the time. It is scary i know believe me. A werk ago i thought i was gonna have to be hospitialized bc it was getting bizarre. But then i tried the kpin and it really has helped me. No i cant be on it forever and its not the answer but for now its helping me be able to at least feel somewhat normal. I was at the point of being afraid to shower bc i thought i was gonna pass out or have a seizure bc my head n body felt so weird. I know alot of ppl that have been through the same thing and theyre in recovery and living and leading productive lives. We all owe it to ourselves to get help and get better. Its just a vicious cycle the more you sit and analyze every symptom the more your mind will eff with you. Its a disease that needs some meds to help out for a little bit along with therapy in my opinion. Some people might not agree with me but thats how i feel. I still go to work and try to do things and yes i feel so effed up most of the time but ya cant keep giving into this. I know it sounds like its never gonna get better but it will. Everyone needs to take the first step. Trust me i promise you i am and went through the same thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:08 PM »
 I know when it comes to meds it's trial and error which is what sucks cause some people can take meds and they love them when others feel worse or no improvement. I've heard how many people have really bad side effects from ssris. I would be willing to try klonopin though.

My mom is really bad about me going to doctors. She gets on me about having to spend money on allergy meds and one not working. It's all about trial and error and she tells me if I do go to my dr and try another anxiety pill and it not work that she can't afford taking me to the dr and keep spending money.  It makes it that much more stressful for me. I know that meds are just a bandaid and I really want to overcome my fears on my own and Xanax does help but it doesn't help my thoughts. It never will. I'm the only one who can do that. I beat agorphobia once on my own with the help of a cd course. I feel if I had help with health anxiety like I did with that, it would be a good start.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 01:01:54 PM »
Yep. I'm afraid to shower and fear same things! I'm gonna get that book i saw on amazon and I want to switch doctors for two reasons, 1 the wait is over 5 hours. 2, I don't like them. They don't sit down and listen. I need a dr who will listen to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 01:06:07 PM »
Yeah those drs are hard to find but the right one could literally change your life. I would maybe see a threapist or someone who specializes in anxiety disorders. That way they will tell you yes that is what it is and get you on the right track. Thats who i am going to see today and my reg dr is very good i got lucky with him lol he understands everything i tell him. Good luck i hope to see you making progress!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 03:35:02 AM »
I'm up again with same pain. Making me feel sick. Can't sleep. Hurts to lay on my head. I had to wake my mom up cause I didn't want to be up alone with it.  I've had rough night. I sat up on my bed and felt like I was on a roller coaster ride. Dizzy headed, nauseas, off balance,  and then headache over right eye and then back of head. I think this is another sinus infection or inner ear issue. But I know it's not all anxiety cause I have not felt this bad since the beginning of my sinus infection.  All I know is that this pain is no fun.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 04:48:39 AM »
Almost 5am. Pain still in back of head. I'm relaxed and trying to sleep. But hard to do cause pain keeps waking me up. Mom and I are gonna have to figure out how to get money for MRI. She's getting pretty worried herself. I'm not even in panic mode. I'm just real tired but the pain is keeping me awake.  It's not a good feeling. I have tried Eveything to get it to go away. I just wish I could sleep. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 09:26:54 AM »
While you may not be "looking" for things to make you anxious or to add to your list of symptoms (at least not consciously),  you ARE living anxiously.  Yes, I know you say, often, that "I am not anxious and X happened".  However as my signature says at the bottom of all my posts,   MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state. 

KM-- you are LIVING just like BEASTY (anxiety) wants you to.   Your actions are driving you to feel this way.

I do understand that you're scared of the symptoms.  You say you want to know "WHY?''  I am telling you why...  you have an anxiety disorder.  THIS is what it does to people.  Ultimately allergies are not what caused this.  Most anxiety disorders are a response to things going on in your life-----relationship issues,, financial issues, too many life stresses piling up on you at once.  how one deals with such things often depends on how adequately you deal with LIFE.  some people try to sweep things under the rug.  which only works for so long before things start billowing out. some scream and shout but don't really solve anything.  Some people, because of upbringing or life experiences or personality or trauma,  haven't developed the problem solving skills necessary to work things out easily or adequately.  However given time and stickwithedness people can come out the other side. 

Bottom line, it isn't the allergies but something else that is at the core of your anxiety.  You have mentioned that you had been agoraphobic.  so you have a history of anxiety disorder.  HA is just a new way that your mind is expressing anxiety.   Some people can work their way out of things on their own and some need a good therapist (maybe with meds or maybe without).  I don't know where you fall here.  However I think with a sincere look at your life, you will find a few things that are at the core of your anxiety.

Finally:  remember anxiety is a liar.  that is what it does.  the more we feed it---and you ARE feeding it by your actions and reactions and inaction--the more entrenched it gets.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 10:49:25 AM »
Apparently it's a pulled muscle in my neck that is causing the pain in the back of my head cause it goes to hurting during certain movements I make with my head cause I just now woke up and when I turned my head a certain way it starts hurting. But at night it's always a little worse and makes it very hard to sleep. It's like getting a bad cramp in your leg.

As for when I sit up, it's more than likely allergies. Not all anxiety. How I know this, is cause I've not been on an allergy medicine for 2 weeks cause I was waiting to get allegra. Soon as I got off the Claritin I began to feel this way, the drunkish feeling and the pressure in my sinuses. My sinus infection never totally cleared up cause my ent showed me. She said I had chronic sinusitis. So the sinus infection could have easily returned. And with not having allergy pills it's made me feel worse. Just a few weeks ago I could at least sit up without feeling all buzzed. Last night my allergies were real bad and post nasal drip was making me gag. My nose is congested all the time. So that's why I know it's not anxiety. This is what triggers my anxiety and mind wants to think stupid things like it's something deadly and blah blah blah. But I did not let it do that to me last night. It's common sense that a brain disease will not affect someone by just sitting up in bed.

It was years ago when I had agoraphobia and since then I know all about anxiety and what it can do. I've had panic disorder since I was 19 and just a few years ago I learned exactly what happens to the body, why and how are thoughts can either increase or decrease it. I know that it's symptoms people are afraid of. I was doing great up until I got this sinus infection infection in feb which is what triggered my anxiety. And these allergy symptoms still does, that's why I kept calm last night no matter how bad the muscle was hurting I told myself to think logical not like it was something deadly.  I had a friend who was having exact same symptoms with her allergies and I've done lots of research and they can put a lot of crap on the body. And add anxiety to the mix, makes it worse cause the mind will start spitting out things like oh you have a nasty disease you are dying blah blah. That's when the anxiety lies. Which is what I'm working on cause I have allergies and a bad sinus condition which the ct scan showed. It's still messing with my ears and my head and especially when the weather changes. Also I have cats, and I smoke which I am working on quitting cause I use a vapor pen. Allergies can be just as sucky as anxiety. I've heard lots of stories and it was mind blowing to see how they can affect people who have them. My mom has bad allergies as well. She and eye have the same symptoms but hers are so bad her eyes get blurry. This year has been the worst year for everyone according to what my moms doctor told her.

Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »
okay kmj

good luck and be well
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: