Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What is this? This is not anxiety I swear.  (Read 871 times)

Offline Nala1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is this? This is not anxiety I swear.
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »
In my opinion it really is anxiety and panic. I have had the same head issues. I just had another episode a little while ago. I took klonopin and it pretty much takes it away. Have you tried anything like that? It really wreaks havoc on every part of your body. It really sucks bc i have bren thinking I hve something wrong with my brain too. My dr said its all acute anxiety and panic. I hope this calms you a little bit. I am still not feeling 100% but I try to tell myself if it was something so bad klonopin wouldnt take it away. I have and still am where you are. I really think it is anxiety and panic. I know its hard to believe that bc its so scary feeling but all that adrenline running through your body creates bs symptoms in every part of you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 11:53:09 AM »
it is a colossal  mistake to ever seek reassurance from online doctor stuff.  because any one of those worth his salt should tell you to go to your doctor.  an online doctor would be foolish to tell anyone otherwise.  this is because all the doc can go on is the subjective information from the person posting the question.  and, frankly, people who post such questions are probably people more on the anxious side anyway.

with regard to you not being able to afford going to the doc, what can you do?   well, and I am sure this is going to go over like a lead balloon  :winking0008:,   you are going to have to get yourself out this and get back into doing things.  All you are doing (and I know because I did it to myself) is paying attention to and looking for things to add to your list of aches and pains.  You are massively freaking out over everything.  this is what a hypochondriac does.  and you are a ha peep.   :yes:  I guarantee you that if you TRULY (and I mean TRULY) started getting yourself involved with something.  Something that immersed you, then you would begin,  OVER TIME, start to feel better.   However the moment you start feeling badly for yourself, the moment you pay attention to symptoms, the moment you quit doing the proactive/helpful thing, then you are going to find yourself feeling like you are feeling right now.

I know, I know, you probably don't agree with my assessment and others here likely won't either.  BUT, damn, kmj,  you are so very much feeding into the fear.  It is like you bought its favorite candy and you are just making BEASTY fat.   

I do very much get you are scared and you don't want to think you have a brain tumor.   However when are you going to get mad enough about how you are feeling to do something good for yourself?  Cuz, honey, ruminating  and looking at computer screen just isn't going to get you to feeling better.

I am sorry, I am sure you are going to think I am uncaring.  but actually it is quite the opposite.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 12:00:29 PM »
What you said is true. Since my stuff came back all I do is moniter every little thing in my body. If something feels off and wrong I freak out. However since I started the klonopin I hardly have felt any of these things. Sometimes Ill still get a jolt of twitch or something but I say well if it was something so bad it wouldnt take it away. Anxiety and panic oversensitizes everything in tour body and most of all your mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 12:21:26 PM »
I stopped asking doctors questions questions cause it was making it worse.  It was causing me more stress and half of them were giving me different answers. It's not good for the anxious people.

I don't look for things to add to my list of this fear I have. I promise on my life but I do know that laying in bed is not making me any better. I am in the process of seeing exactly what is causing the symptoms when I walk. I have been keeping a journal of things as I read online that therapist suggest doing. I know I do have allergies. And I believe that is what causes my pressure in my forehead and eyes cause I have not taken an allergy pill for a week or two and the pressure has returned.

When I was getting out of bed and moving around, I felt off and unbalanced. I know right now my body is conditioned to be nervous about walking cause of the scares I've had.

When I was walking and exercising a few weeks ago, I was using distraction. I got my phone and turned on my video camera and distracted my mind by talking and not trying to think of how my body was feeling. I felt ok. Despite of the bit of anxiety I was feeling. I was feeling good just exhausted and having some derealization from being overly tired I guess. I have a fear that I'm gonna pass out if I walk but I'm replacing that negative thought with a positive one. So that helps. Im getting a self help book to help me out as well. I am trying to help myself overcome this. I have good days and bad days. Which is to be suspected. Some days I laugh and say I don't have anything wrong with my brain but then I feel off and it comes to the surface again. And I work hard on not giving these negative thoughts entertainment. I'm gonna try to get up more. I know my legs are gonna get really weak if I don't. I'm hoping that allergra will help my allergies, and I will try to see if I am the one who is creating the symptoms when I do walk.

See, it started with me feeling off balance. That was my trigger to all this. So when I do walk and my mind is on my head or I'm thinking of being off balance, this can actually cause it right? If so, then it could be me who is making it happen. How does the mind cause symptoms? Maybe if I could understand more how the mind works with the body then maybe I can feel more at ease.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 12:42:35 PM »
Its because the way all the chemicals are unbalanced. I have depression/acute anxiety and panic disorder. The brain is sending off misfires and that causes all of the scary stuff. I know exactly what you are going through. I am going through the same thing you are. I try to just go outside and feel ok but the way your body feels its hard to not think of anything but that. You need something like klonopin for the time being in my opinion. It had worked amazing for me the past 2 days. In the long run you might wanna try an antidepressant because it will level out you chemicals back to normal and therefore you wont feel like that or think that way. I was SO bad a few years back im not even kidding. I went in cymbalta and everything went away. I had my life back totally. I didnt even think of anxiety anymore and if i had a little symptom jump up I was able to shrug it off bc the chemicals were balancing out. That is why alot of ppl including myself experience these symptoms. Not everybody needs an AD but alot of ppl including myself do. Once the chemicals are back to normal levels you will not think or respond that way. Alot of the symptoms will slowly go away. Believe me I was where you are and still am. If I didnt have the kpin I would be Sitting home scared and freaking out and feeling like crap all day and scared to be alone. This stuff really messes with your mind. And it is hard to take your mind off of it bc it is so scary feeling that way I know what you are going through. There comes a time when you need to say enough is enough there is nothing physically wrong with me its the chemical imbalance and really please go talk to a dr. Money is tight i know this but sometimes you have to make your life and health the top priority. You can have a normal life and you deserve it not the life you are living right now. We both dont and everybody on here doesnt. There is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. It may seem really far away bc trust me i have cried so many times just wantin to be normal,however it will not just happen overnight. We all have to take the first step and say enough of living this way there is life to be lived. You only get one shot at life,please help yourself and talk to somebody who can get you feeling better. You deserve it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 12:52:16 PM »
I am not a dr or anything but my dr has told me this. I used to call him in like panic mode bc i felt so weird all the time. Recently as well. He told me its the anxiety so out of control its all the adrenaline running warp speed through your body all the time. It is scary i know believe me. A werk ago i thought i was gonna have to be hospitialized bc it was getting bizarre. But then i tried the kpin and it really has helped me. No i cant be on it forever and its not the answer but for now its helping me be able to at least feel somewhat normal. I was at the point of being afraid to shower bc i thought i was gonna pass out or have a seizure bc my head n body felt so weird. I know alot of ppl that have been through the same thing and theyre in recovery and living and leading productive lives. We all owe it to ourselves to get help and get better. Its just a vicious cycle the more you sit and analyze every symptom the more your mind will eff with you. Its a disease that needs some meds to help out for a little bit along with therapy in my opinion. Some people might not agree with me but thats how i feel. I still go to work and try to do things and yes i feel so effed up most of the time but ya cant keep giving into this. I know it sounds like its never gonna get better but it will. Everyone needs to take the first step. Trust me i promise you i am and went through the same thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:08 PM »
 I know when it comes to meds it's trial and error which is what sucks cause some people can take meds and they love them when others feel worse or no improvement. I've heard how many people have really bad side effects from ssris. I would be willing to try klonopin though.

My mom is really bad about me going to doctors. She gets on me about having to spend money on allergy meds and one not working. It's all about trial and error and she tells me if I do go to my dr and try another anxiety pill and it not work that she can't afford taking me to the dr and keep spending money.  It makes it that much more stressful for me. I know that meds are just a bandaid and I really want to overcome my fears on my own and Xanax does help but it doesn't help my thoughts. It never will. I'm the only one who can do that. I beat agorphobia once on my own with the help of a cd course. I feel if I had help with health anxiety like I did with that, it would be a good start.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 01:01:54 PM »
Yep. I'm afraid to shower and fear same things! I'm gonna get that book i saw on amazon and I want to switch doctors for two reasons, 1 the wait is over 5 hours. 2, I don't like them. They don't sit down and listen. I need a dr who will listen to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 01:06:07 PM »
Yeah those drs are hard to find but the right one could literally change your life. I would maybe see a threapist or someone who specializes in anxiety disorders. That way they will tell you yes that is what it is and get you on the right track. Thats who i am going to see today and my reg dr is very good i got lucky with him lol he understands everything i tell him. Good luck i hope to see you making progress!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 03:35:02 AM »
I'm up again with same pain. Making me feel sick. Can't sleep. Hurts to lay on my head. I had to wake my mom up cause I didn't want to be up alone with it.  I've had rough night. I sat up on my bed and felt like I was on a roller coaster ride. Dizzy headed, nauseas, off balance,  and then headache over right eye and then back of head. I think this is another sinus infection or inner ear issue. But I know it's not all anxiety cause I have not felt this bad since the beginning of my sinus infection.  All I know is that this pain is no fun.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: