Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What is this? This is not anxiety I swear.  (Read 589 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What is this? This is not anxiety I swear.
« on: June 27, 2014, 02:13:28 AM »
I can not sleep. I have this awful pain in the back of my head. It's not a regular headache. I was laying here trying to go to sleep and it has been happening every morning and now and then at night. It hurts to move my head, I'm dizzy and my eyes are off and I feel confused. Disoriented. When this pain in the back of my head begins. I don't even get anxious until I start to feel this pain.  It's hurting so bad I can't move my head. I thought it was a muscle in my neck but muscle rub not helping. I think it might be intracranial pressure??? I'm not exaggerating. I'm really unable to sleep cause it hurts so bad. I feel sick to my stomach cause it hurts. It feels like a pulled muscle in my head or a bad cramp. It's not in my neck either. It's the back of my head and moves to the side of my head behind my ear.  When I look down off my bed to find my pills I feel really off. My eyes get real tight. Sometimes it will make my whole head hurt. Sometimes in the morning it's so bad I want to cry and straining triggers it as well. Like tonight after I did leg presses i felt it. I don't Want to sound irrational but this is exactly why I can not stop thinking brain tumor. I did not being on this head pain I swear. I don't know if I strained my neck muscle or it's how I sleep but it started last week. I swear this is misery I can't sleep cause of it and I feel sick cause it hurts. I can't take this anymore. I swear I need an MRI. Or to see a dr. I need to know what is causing this. I'm in so much pain. :(
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is this? This is not anxiety I swear.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 07:28:53 AM »
if you need an MRI, then get an appointment with a neurologist and get one.

I have seen 3 neurologists over the years.  Each appointment had me walking out with prescriptions for MRIs AND EMGs.  Maybe I had the "right" symptoms that got those MRIs easily justified.  Who knows?  If you are going to a gp or an ENT with your complaints, it is much less likely to get a brain MRI.

So bottom line, if you feel that strongly that an MRI is necessary, then get one.  It isn't that hard to get neuros to order one.  In my house 4 of the 8 of us have had either brain mris or spinal mris (or both).
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 07:45:04 AM »
If you really think you need to see a doctor, you probably should. But I want to mention a couple things. First, is that I have similar headaches and they arent anything dangeorus for me. They're tension headaches and migraines for me. But the second thing is more important:

No matter how bad its hurting, panicking over it is going to make it hurt a lot worse than it actually is. A lot. I once panicked so bad that i thought i was having heart problems. Pain in my left chest area. I had strained myself so much out of sheer terror that it hurt through my chest and into my back. I was sore for a week! No heart problem, according to the tests i had done.

Butyeah, if you think it'll help to see a doctor, even if only to give you peace of mind, its probably a good idea.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 08:12:48 AM »
My thinking is that a problem in the head would present itself in more ways than traveling pain. Perhaps a visit to the doctor is in order, as suggested. Perhaps self analysis can pave the way.

While it is assumed living is a great gift, it can be a pain to some and that pain can settle anywhere. The treatment can vary in any number of ways, self administered or otherwise. You mention leg press. The gym can help us live. So can walking, biking, yoga, meditation, learning, journaling, doing for others, music, hobbies, work, etc.

This is an interesting mystery for us to ponder.
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 08:48:32 AM »
I've had the same thing.  Head cramping in the back, which moves around to the sides.  Pressure in my head that made it feel like it would explode.  Well, mine has went away and I'm sure yours will too.  My MRI was also clean, so I'm sure yours will be too.  But I agree with the comments, it sounds like you need one to rest your mind.  I know I did.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 09:46:43 AM »
Kmj, call your doctor, have it checked out "just in case". If for nothing other than peace of mind. The worrying isn't doing you any good.

I'm trying something new today. After feeling a little off balance again yesterday afternoon, I tried taking 2 of the sinus tablets instead of 1 to see if a higher dosage would help my sinuses better. Thinking that if my sinuses were the cause of the off balance feeling this might help. (You know how afraid I was of taking more than 1!) Well, guess what? It did nothing! Not only did it not make me more anxious, but it didn't make my sinuses feel any different. So last night I started to wonder if I should take any allergy/sinus meds at all. The allergy meds weren't making my allergies any less annoying & while the sinus meds helped at first, over time they either stopped being as effective or maybe I just don't need them anymore. So today I'm not taking anything at all. I'm so sick of constantly taking pills anyway. We'll see how today goes. I feel good so far.

As far as the off balance feeling goes, I'm really thinking it's anxiety. Maybe allergies are contributing to it, but my anxiety is definitely making it worse. I don't think it would have bothered me at all yesterday if I hadn't been thinking about it constantly & monitoring it.  ::) So my plan is to give it a few more days. If the off balance feeling continues or gets worse, I'm going to call my doctor just for peace of mind. Even though I don't think it is, it could be an ear or sinus infection. I'm trying to not let my mind wander into thinking it's something bad because it's more than likely not. I really think it's all mental.

Anyway, let us know how you're doing. I hope you feel better soon!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 11:27:14 AM »
As bad as I would love to see my doctor or a neurologist I can't right now. I have no insurance and me and mom live very tight. I can't ask a doctor my healthtap app cause they all scare me. I had one to tell me that the symptoms I have now would mean a large enough tumor. It wasn't about the feeling in the back of my head. It was about the pressure in my forehead and eyes and dizzy.  He said for those symptoms the tumor would be big.

This pain in the back of my head began last week. I have a very bad bed and pillow is new and one day last week, it feels just like a pulled muscle.  And it was also in the back of my neck one morning. I could not even move my head. It felt like a cramp. And now this week it's been happening more. I felt a pull in my head when I was trying to adjust myself on the bed. Like when I kind of titled my head back. Sometimes it is mild sometimes it's not. And when it happens, I do not go into full panic. I get frustrated cause i can't sleep until it passes. It usually passes in an hour and me putting my arm on my head resting my head makes it hurt less. It does not feel like a headache. Unless it actually gives me a frontal headache. There's no pressure. It just feels like I've pulled a muscle In my head. I hear you can't actually pull a muscle in the back of your head but you can in your neck which can make you feel dizzy. But I'm not feeling anymore pain in the back of my neck. I lay in bed a lot but I mostly feel it after I have slept or have taken a nap. This morning it felt it very little. So I'm confused. The only thing that scares me is that I feel off when it happens. Just disoriented a bit.  Right now I'm ok. I just wish I knew if it was a pulled muscle in my neck. Maybe from this bed or how I sleep. The last thing on earth I want to think is a tumor believe me. I was feeling fine and soon as I think of how silly it is for me to have a tumor, I get this to happen. Im almost wondering if God is trying to tell me something. But the bad thing is, I just can't afford MRI right now. I just hope that this passes. Is it possible it's just a strained neck muscle?
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 11:33:07 AM »
I also go on healthtap but the drs always says go to your dr.... like duhhhh but i dont want to since my dr says its nothing lol but i have been having cramp in the back of my head too but i also have strained neck so i dont know if my neck is causing the cramps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »
Yes on healthtap they always tell me that. I feel the pain now when I turned my head and slouching. My bed sits on the floor. It sinks in the middle so I pretty much slouch. I feel the pain a tad now. I'm thinking it's a muscle how can a pulled muscle in the neck not hurt? And just the one spot in head?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 11:47:21 AM »
Kmj, call your doctor, have it checked out "just in case". If for nothing other than peace of mind. The worrying isn't doing you any good.

I'm trying something new today. After feeling a little off balance again yesterday afternoon, I tried taking 2 of the sinus tablets instead of 1 to see if a higher dosage would help my sinuses better. Thinking that if my sinuses were the cause of the off balance feeling this might help. (You know how afraid I was of taking more than 1!) Well, guess what? It did nothing! Not only did it not make me more anxious, but it didn't make my sinuses feel any different. So last night I started to wonder if I should take any allergy/sinus meds at all. The allergy meds weren't making my allergies any less annoying & while the sinus meds helped at first, over time they either stopped being as effective or maybe I just don't need them anymore. So today I'm not taking anything at all. I'm so sick of constantly taking pills anyway. We'll see how today goes. I feel good so far.

As far as the off balance feeling goes, I'm really thinking it's anxiety. Maybe allergies are contributing to it, but my anxiety is definitely making it worse. I don't think it would have bothered me at all yesterday if I hadn't been thinking about it constantly & monitoring it.  ::) So my plan is to give it a few more days. If the off balance feeling continues or gets worse, I'm going to call my doctor just for peace of mind. Even though I don't think it is, it could be an ear or sinus infection. I'm trying to not let my mind wander into thinking it's something bad because it's more than likely not. I really think it's all mental.
Anyway, let us know how you're doing. I hope you feel better soon!!!

I was having so much tightness in my forehead yesterday and eyes that sudafed did not help me. So I put some Vicks vapor rub on my forehead with a cool cloth and that easesd the pressure. My mom gets the same thing and she has always had allergies and sinus problems. I have noticed since I ran out of Claritin that it's been worse. I am gonna try allegra hoping it will ease the sinus pressure.

Now it's this head pain in the back I'm getting. I really think it's a strained muscle at least I hope. It's like one thing after another. 

I hope that you find relief from your off balance feeling. I would recommend seeing an ent. They would help you out. And find out if it's a sinus problem or ear problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »
In my opinion it really is anxiety and panic. I have had the same head issues. I just had another episode a little while ago. I took klonopin and it pretty much takes it away. Have you tried anything like that? It really wreaks havoc on every part of your body. It really sucks bc i have bren thinking I hve something wrong with my brain too. My dr said its all acute anxiety and panic. I hope this calms you a little bit. I am still not feeling 100% but I try to tell myself if it was something so bad klonopin wouldnt take it away. I have and still am where you are. I really think it is anxiety and panic. I know its hard to believe that bc its so scary feeling but all that adrenline running through your body creates bs symptoms in every part of you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 11:53:09 AM »
it is a colossal  mistake to ever seek reassurance from online doctor stuff.  because any one of those worth his salt should tell you to go to your doctor.  an online doctor would be foolish to tell anyone otherwise.  this is because all the doc can go on is the subjective information from the person posting the question.  and, frankly, people who post such questions are probably people more on the anxious side anyway.

with regard to you not being able to afford going to the doc, what can you do?   well, and I am sure this is going to go over like a lead balloon  :winking0008:,   you are going to have to get yourself out this and get back into doing things.  All you are doing (and I know because I did it to myself) is paying attention to and looking for things to add to your list of aches and pains.  You are massively freaking out over everything.  this is what a hypochondriac does.  and you are a ha peep.   :yes:  I guarantee you that if you TRULY (and I mean TRULY) started getting yourself involved with something.  Something that immersed you, then you would begin,  OVER TIME, start to feel better.   However the moment you start feeling badly for yourself, the moment you pay attention to symptoms, the moment you quit doing the proactive/helpful thing, then you are going to find yourself feeling like you are feeling right now.

I know, I know, you probably don't agree with my assessment and others here likely won't either.  BUT, damn, kmj,  you are so very much feeding into the fear.  It is like you bought its favorite candy and you are just making BEASTY fat.   

I do very much get you are scared and you don't want to think you have a brain tumor.   However when are you going to get mad enough about how you are feeling to do something good for yourself?  Cuz, honey, ruminating  and looking at computer screen just isn't going to get you to feeling better.

I am sorry, I am sure you are going to think I am uncaring.  but actually it is quite the opposite.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 12:00:29 PM »
What you said is true. Since my stuff came back all I do is moniter every little thing in my body. If something feels off and wrong I freak out. However since I started the klonopin I hardly have felt any of these things. Sometimes Ill still get a jolt of twitch or something but I say well if it was something so bad it wouldnt take it away. Anxiety and panic oversensitizes everything in tour body and most of all your mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 12:21:26 PM »
I stopped asking doctors questions questions cause it was making it worse.  It was causing me more stress and half of them were giving me different answers. It's not good for the anxious people.

I don't look for things to add to my list of this fear I have. I promise on my life but I do know that laying in bed is not making me any better. I am in the process of seeing exactly what is causing the symptoms when I walk. I have been keeping a journal of things as I read online that therapist suggest doing. I know I do have allergies. And I believe that is what causes my pressure in my forehead and eyes cause I have not taken an allergy pill for a week or two and the pressure has returned.

When I was getting out of bed and moving around, I felt off and unbalanced. I know right now my body is conditioned to be nervous about walking cause of the scares I've had.

When I was walking and exercising a few weeks ago, I was using distraction. I got my phone and turned on my video camera and distracted my mind by talking and not trying to think of how my body was feeling. I felt ok. Despite of the bit of anxiety I was feeling. I was feeling good just exhausted and having some derealization from being overly tired I guess. I have a fear that I'm gonna pass out if I walk but I'm replacing that negative thought with a positive one. So that helps. Im getting a self help book to help me out as well. I am trying to help myself overcome this. I have good days and bad days. Which is to be suspected. Some days I laugh and say I don't have anything wrong with my brain but then I feel off and it comes to the surface again. And I work hard on not giving these negative thoughts entertainment. I'm gonna try to get up more. I know my legs are gonna get really weak if I don't. I'm hoping that allergra will help my allergies, and I will try to see if I am the one who is creating the symptoms when I do walk.

See, it started with me feeling off balance. That was my trigger to all this. So when I do walk and my mind is on my head or I'm thinking of being off balance, this can actually cause it right? If so, then it could be me who is making it happen. How does the mind cause symptoms? Maybe if I could understand more how the mind works with the body then maybe I can feel more at ease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 12:42:35 PM »
Its because the way all the chemicals are unbalanced. I have depression/acute anxiety and panic disorder. The brain is sending off misfires and that causes all of the scary stuff. I know exactly what you are going through. I am going through the same thing you are. I try to just go outside and feel ok but the way your body feels its hard to not think of anything but that. You need something like klonopin for the time being in my opinion. It had worked amazing for me the past 2 days. In the long run you might wanna try an antidepressant because it will level out you chemicals back to normal and therefore you wont feel like that or think that way. I was SO bad a few years back im not even kidding. I went in cymbalta and everything went away. I had my life back totally. I didnt even think of anxiety anymore and if i had a little symptom jump up I was able to shrug it off bc the chemicals were balancing out. That is why alot of ppl including myself experience these symptoms. Not everybody needs an AD but alot of ppl including myself do. Once the chemicals are back to normal levels you will not think or respond that way. Alot of the symptoms will slowly go away. Believe me I was where you are and still am. If I didnt have the kpin I would be Sitting home scared and freaking out and feeling like crap all day and scared to be alone. This stuff really messes with your mind. And it is hard to take your mind off of it bc it is so scary feeling that way I know what you are going through. There comes a time when you need to say enough is enough there is nothing physically wrong with me its the chemical imbalance and really please go talk to a dr. Money is tight i know this but sometimes you have to make your life and health the top priority. You can have a normal life and you deserve it not the life you are living right now. We both dont and everybody on here doesnt. There is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. It may seem really far away bc trust me i have cried so many times just wantin to be normal,however it will not just happen overnight. We all have to take the first step and say enough of living this way there is life to be lived. You only get one shot at life,please help yourself and talk to somebody who can get you feeling better. You deserve it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: