Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: worried about dust exposure  (Read 101 times)

Offline gossy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
worried about dust exposure
« on: June 27, 2014, 12:16:36 AM »
Hi guys im worried about some dust exposure. I have recently replastered a room in my house, I took off the old Lyme plaster, cut plaster boards and replastered. I wore a mask for the majority but did notice slight dirt in my nose and felt a bit chesty afterwards. I totally forgot about the mask yesterday when I decided to sweep up and clean the room and there was a bit of dust in the air. I did have the windows open. My question is what are my chances of getting a serious lung disease from this. My exposure has been brief periods of time over about 3 days worth of work. I did wear a mask for the majority but forgot when sweeping it all up. I'm really worried I might develop silicosis or lung cancer from this. It was non asbestos plaster. After sweeping yesterday i feel slightly chesty again today. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: worried about dust exposure
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 05:22:52 AM »
If anything you will sneeze a lot. If you got dust up your nose. Sneezing is the bodies way of cleaning things up. It was only a one off job. You would have to be working for years around such things with no mask on to worry about catching anything serious. So try and relax and move on. The more you think about it the more you will imagine you caught something. Which you didn't.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: worried about dust exposure
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 07:33:25 PM »
When I was cleaning out my grandpa's attic, it was so dusty/filthy that for hours after when I blew my nose, it was BLACK.  I didn't wear a mask, etc.  Didn't hurt me any!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: dust lung Exposure