Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Do you get panic or anxiety attacks?  (Read 211 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do you get panic or anxiety attacks?
« on: June 26, 2014, 11:13:29 PM »
Just wondering if any of you go into a panic attack or anxiety attack when you have symtoms you feel? Like if you feel anything weird in your body either from an actual problem or from anxiety itself. Like when I feel off in my head, my anxiety goes up a little bit and I get super tense, have a little adrenaline going but do not have full blown attacks. I will feel on edge, sometimes so in edge I could jump out of my skin. Sometimes hot flashes.

What happens to you most of the time?
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do you get panic or anxiety attacks?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 01:40:51 AM »
I've only had panic attacks about 5 times in my life that I recall. I went to the ER for three of them.

I've had lots of anxiety attacks. I usually sweat them out, but something is different between these and a panic attack; usually the panic attacks have lengthy periods of depersonalization, muscle fatigues, tremors, etc which seem to just snowball. I think I have gotten past my days of having these, though, as it has been a while since I've had them now that I know what to expect from them. The anxiety can still sneak up on me, but it rarely blows up into what I would call an "attack," more like just an episode. It's the daily grind of dealing with generalized anxiety and the anxiety caused by certain physical symptoms that wears me down most of all these days.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 05:36:34 AM »
I am pretty sure I have only had one panic attack in my life. My chest felt tight; I could hardly breathe; my heart was pounding with palpitations; I was getting tunnel vision along with dizziness - and this is when I was a child. I ran into my mum crying and she managed to calm me down. This was for a few minutes.

Right now, I get what I call "severe anxiety attacks/episodes" - I get extreme anxiety when I don't sleep (and the anxiety is over not sleeping) or when I get hypnic jerks repeatedly (which keeps me awake)! It gets so bad that I feel suicidal every time - not because I feel like I lose purpose or anything but I just want to escape the feeling. The extreme tiredness I get from not sleeping is what amplifies the feeling of anxiety.

I would get these before after having nights of no sleep but I would never worry about not sleeping. I would just spend the day feeling the "derealisation" feeling which also causes irrational thoughts. But now I worry about not sleeping - which makes it worse!

The episodes usually peak for a day (the first day when each one begins) and lingers for about 2-3 days after that but gradually decrease. After those 2-3 days, I may get a good week of feeling ok. Until the odd night, I may be feeling dozy until my body jerks me awake - to which I start panicking - and with every effort to try and control it, I usually fail and the anxiety usually takes over. The first thing I do is get up and start to pace having extremely irrational thoughts. Almost every time I end up in tears (which sometimes helps because when I stop crying I feel a little calmer). I have got up and started to walk outside at 4am in the morning roaming the streets. I sometimes stand on a bridge looking over… feeling extremely frightened that I may jump one day. My anxiety levels at this time usually fluctuate a lot. So in that sense, during an anxiety "episode" I have multiple "attacks".

But when the episodes are over, and the attacks disappear, I am full of energy! I feel motivated, dedicated, and want to do loads of things! My mood is still generally low and my social anxiety and health anxiety still linger - but I have much more rational thoughts than before! I sometimes start to feel confident that I can beat it!

But anyway… that's the nature of my anxiety attacks! And I would call them attacks as well as episodes. I think they are best described as anxiety episodes consisting of anxiety attacks. But they are never like the experience I had when I was a child. Because I literally felt like I was dying - and that's my understanding of a "panic attack"!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 06:21:15 AM »
I was getting panic attacks but now it's what you all call them anxiety episodes. Like I said my body tenses up, I get hot all over, irrational thinking, that fear of doom feeling and like I could sometimes go into a panic attack. I'm not actually used to these anxiety episodes cause usually I would just go right into a panic attack. Maybe it's the Xanax that has caused this I don't know. If it would only stop the irrational thoughts but that's not gonna happen. And my mind feels like it's going so fast. Like I'm so keyed up that I could just jump out of my skin.  My episodes usually last about 30 minutes or longer. Depends on what I can do to end them sooner.

As for the anxiety symptoms without having any episodes, I don't have many. If I do, it might be what's wrong with my head but I also have allergies which confuses me what is allergies to what's really anxiety. Which is very confusing to say the least. And I get derealization now and then which is the worst.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 10:01:25 AM »
I made a full recovery from my health anxiety. In april, I was totally back to normal and I felt fantastic.

Then, in may, one morning I started having pains in my stomach, freaked out, and the resulting panic attack re-activated my symptoms that previously disappeared.

Now i'm back in the filth again, although i'm getting better. I realize now that my symptoms are most likely cause by anxiety.

Fear is very powerful.
Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 10:54:55 AM »
Yes indeed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 11:56:56 AM »
Yes everyday of my life lol. I just started klonopin yesterday and it has really been helping me alot. I actually was able to work without panic yesterday and woke up not anxious. But then my head got all weird and tight and dissoriented and I freaked out and took .25 mg and I am starting to calm down slowly. It really sucks. I am seeing a therapist today for the first time to try to get on the right track and get better. It really sucks,nobody should go through it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »
I'm on Xanax and it's been helpful for me. I no longer have panic attacks but anxiety episodes which still suck. I'm getting a self help book to help me overcome this crap. It's getting old.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 12:04:55 PM »
You should really try klonopin it lasts longer . I take .25mg am and .25mg pm. I had like NO panic or anxiety all day long yesterday and woke up at 9 and had to take .25 at like 1030. It lasts so much longer and I have hardly any symptoms. I know its not the answer but for now until I get on the right track I can at least feel and function normally for the most part.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »
And my head is where most of it comes from it feels SO weird most of the time but differently at different times. It does make you uneasy feeling bc it really is a scary feeling. However since most of us here have panic disorders and anxiety I can almost be thats all it is. We all feel the same symptoms we cant all have brain tumors or brain disease that would be insane lol. I am the same way but to get back into the swing of life and be back to productive people and live life we all have to start helping ourselves get on track to get better. I have no insurance but I have a really good medical dr who works with me and I am seeing a therapist today who works with ppl who doesnt have ins. Sure I dont make a ton of money but my well being is the most important thing to me so I will have to make that top priority. I am only 29. I cant keep this lifestyle up. I did 3 years ago and my life was a mess until I took cymbalta and go back in track. However when I went off it some stressors happened in my life and I went totally downhill again. This time it will NOT consume my life like it has been doing for a couple of months. I wanna live life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »
I agree with you. I've said the same thing to many people about all of us having the same symptoms and how crazy it would be for all of us to have brain diseases. Lol. But still I fear that it comes and goes.

I'm gonna get myself On the right track Too. I'm gonna try seeing how this health anxiety workbook helps me and try harder to not think the worst when I feel off in my head. I think feeling off in the head is by far the scariest symptom. I could feel leg pains all day and not freak out. But when it's in the head and eyes it's Not fun at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »
Nah its so scary i feel you trust me it really sucks. If i didnt hve the weird head feelings i wouldnt freak out so bad. Alot of ppl i know that has the same stuff say the same thing about weird head stuff. It effin sucks totally and ya gotta say guess what im over it n get some help. We cant live like this anymore. If it was something horrendous we would be like deathly ill by now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 01:06:06 PM »
I agree. It's better when we have support. It does help. It's been 5 months for me. I'm ready to be free of this too. I've never let it get this bad before. Not to the point where I'm so afraid to walk. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 01:07:42 PM »
I know trust me. Its all bc of the overwhelming anxiety that is going on with you tho. Nothing more. This is temporary and you will get help and get better. I promise.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: