Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Restrooms and Belly-aches  (Read 162 times)

Offline LeftBehind

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Restrooms and Belly-aches
« on: June 26, 2014, 08:50:08 PM »
When you're in the beginning and middle of panic or anxiety attack, does anyone else out there feel like they're loosing control of their body?
For me, and I know this is an awful topic, I feel as though my bowels will release or my stomach will let loose everything I eaten. The urge to use the restroom or vomit is strong and powerful to the point where, for me, it heightens the anxiety ten-fold.
One of my biggest fears is losing control in front of someone... I've vomited in front of people before but it's usually been my 'safe person' so the judgment was minimal. The release of bowels has never happened though that sick churning feeling in my belly makes me think sometime it might.

I know, it's totally disgusting to even but I've often wondered if I'm the only one that gets these feelings... any insight would be appreciated.

~T
Bookmark and Share
ellipsis

Offline envirogirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Restrooms and Belly-aches
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »
Hi T!
I never got the vomitting part but my bowels seem to get into action and the feeling I have to pee or poop happens but it never actually happens without my control.
I do get bloated and burp a lot when im anxious or not feeling right. I feel like I don't have control of my body and kind of foggy feeling and over irritated feeling.
I'm so happy you have a safe person! Try not to worry about others reactions; people who judge just simply don't understand.
I had a vertigo issue back in May and I was camping in a park; I went to my tent to lay down and vomitted just outside of the tent. I just giggled to myself that oh people must thing I'm hung over or something (which I don't drink).
I guess what I'm trying to say is that don't worry about others reactions, just shake it off and deal with it in the right manner. I know its soo much easier to say than do but work on it; little step by step.
Best of luck!
I'm trying to overcome these anxiety/panic feelings and it does get better each day you face it little by little =)
*hugs*

envirogirl
Bookmark and Share

Offline LeftBehind

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:56:44 PM »
Hey thanks for the reply, Envirogirl.
It's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling like I'm losing control.
Bookmark and Share
ellipsis

Offline firewife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 12:41:31 PM »
For me its the opposite. I get bad anxiety when sick to my stomach or having to go to.the restroom. It's just because I'm super sensitive when it come to that kind of thing . I wouldn't worry about getting sick in front of someone. Most people understand that those kinds of things happen and will be more concerned about you then shocked. I just had my neighbour vomit in front of me last week. I was more worried about him then shocked. I offered him a Tums peppermint and asked if he was ok.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LeftBehind

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 01:59:39 PM »
Without giving too much of my irrationalities away, I am terrified of having to go to the bathroom when with someone... like, on a date or something and having to go... number2. I swear it goes back to something that happened to me as a kid - my parents took me on holiday when I was three and I had to go pee while we were driving to our cottage. They pulled a little toddler potty out of the trunk *my little sisters* and made me go on the side of the road. Even though I was only three I was mortified. I guess that's why I am freaked out by public bathrooms even at this age... and even more still afraid of using bathroom facilities when with people.
That's so totally random, irrational and weird... I know.
Bookmark and Share
ellipsis

Offline firewife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »
It's not. I used to be same way until I realized I was more uncomfortable holding it in and I would end up hurting my bowels. That plus marriage and a having a child cured that fear for me. When your little one  walks in on you mid poo all fear flies out the window lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline LeftBehind

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 04:53:45 PM »
Hahaha Fire! That's too funny!
You're right, I suppose little ones remove all the little private moments of your day. Hahaha
Bookmark and Share
ellipsis

Tags: