Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My hospital hates me and stigmatizes me  (Read 170 times)

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
My hospital hates me and stigmatizes me
« on: June 26, 2014, 06:52:14 PM »
I don't know guys... over the past few years i've gone to the hospital so much that they are sick of me. They stigmatize me. When the nurses first register me they always put "presents too much" and rarely put down what I actually have going on... which the other day was fainting in the mall. The doctor then see's my name and reads the chart and thinks "oh that guy again" kinda thing, and then is more focused on my hypochondria then what I actually came to get checked out. I overheard one doctor who thought I couldn't hear him saying "classic boy who cried wolf scenario", meanwhile i had fainted in the mall so that logic makes no sense to me.

There is nothing worse than waiting 2 to 6, maybe 10 hours in emerge only to be stigmatized and sent home, without any cab fare to get home because the bus's arent running. I don't know guys... I wasn't sure where else to put this... what do I do? I know the immediate answer is "stop going to the hospital"... but it isn't that easy. I can never really get in to see my doctor and the walk in clinics in town, well they don't really exist, except for one with an unlicensed doctor who tells your symptoms to an actual doctor on the screen and then 9 times out of 10 gives me the wrong diagnosis and prescribes me something I don't need.

*sigh*. Can anyone relate?
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline ryates80

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My hospital hates me and stigmatizes me
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:34:09 PM »
Don't feel bad. The doctors and nurses at my hospital know me by name now. Sometimes I think they should just give me my own room in the er :( Did they ever figure out why you fainted? A lot of times you never know why someone faints.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 07:46:57 PM »
Don't feel bad. The doctors and nurses at my hospital know me by name now. Sometimes I think they should just give me my own room in the er :( Did they ever figure out why you fainted? A lot of times you never know why someone faints.

They think it was that I either hadn't ate enough that day or the sinus/ear infection that i'm treating with antibiotics... they did do an ecg and blood work though, but I had to really advocate to be taken seriously.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline ryates80

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 07:50:14 PM »
I've been feeling extremely anxious for over a week and today I was having "brain vibrations". That's the only way I can explain it anyway. I would love to get it checked but the hospital, my family and husband have had it with me. I've had it before but not so often. This whole HA sucks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 08:05:09 PM »
have you stopped any antideppresants lately? Because that can cause that.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: