Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What is on my Scalp? (picture included)  (Read 160 times)

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
What is on my Scalp? (picture included)
« on: June 26, 2014, 06:29:10 PM »
I'll be honest with you guys. I shower daily but I seldom wash my hair because of my sensitive scalp. Today I shaved my head which left it hurtin, so I washed my hair with johnsons baby shampoo like the doctor recommended. It seems like a good shampoo. Anyway, I'm noticing now these yellow flakes of skin on my scalp that kinda sloth off like dead skin. What is this, and do I need to see a doctor before monday about it? Please help. I'm scared of some kind of infection. Do you think if I just started washing my hair daily with the johnsons baby shampoo that thing will get better? Click the photo to enlarge it and you will see what i mean.

Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is on my Scalp? (picture included)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:06:19 PM »
My Scalp also hurts, but I think thats from dragging the electric razor accross my sensative scalp for like 20 minutes. It had a plastic attachment but still.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 08:30:44 PM »
If you have a sensitive scalp, it probably only hurts because you just shaved your head.  As for the flakes sloughing off, that really sounds like nothing to worry about to me.  I have psoriasis on my scalp and will get yellowish-white flakes that slough off if I don't wash my hair vigorously enough (like scrub my scalp).  Seriously, don't worry.
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »
If you have a sensitive scalp, it probably only hurts because you just shaved your head.  As for the flakes sloughing off, that really sounds like nothing to worry about to me.  I have psoriasis on my scalp and will get yellowish-white flakes that slough off if I don't wash my hair vigorously enough (like scrub my scalp).  Seriously, don't worry.

Thank you. :) A doctor thinks I have "what almost looks like a psoriasis of the scalp" as he said a year ago in his words.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 09:12:48 AM »
Seborrhea Dermatitis.  It causes thick yellowish flakes. My youngest son had it as a teen and even had swollen lymph nodes on the back of his skull from it.  Selsun Blue type shampoo will help clear it up.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: