Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help me figure this out!! ( Bad Weakspells)  (Read 225 times)

Offline TonyL1

• Rec's: 4
  • Summer is here!!!
    • Poke This Member
Help me figure this out!! ( Bad Weakspells)
« on: June 26, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
K, first off, the Stats:  :goofy:  Male (me) , Just turned 47 in May, average weight, longtime agoraphobic..
Since about 1987, (when I was 20 or so, for years anyway) my main problem are debilitating days/hours of weakspells and weakness, some days not as bad, but always there to some degree, the odd time I feel normal
I'll Quickly  explain my Weakness/Energy issues, these are not the same as generic  common fatigue....
or tiredness, example, someone experiencing Common fatigue/tiredness,. can still continue to function,but not really feel weak, , in my case , I get weak, sometimes there's panic involved, many times, not, eating may help a  tad, but many times, it doesn't, Now of course, this has programmed me over 3 decades, to become Agoraphobic,  ( it's not the panic attacks that cause me to avoid, it's the weakspells, now When I get weak, I mean I get weak, I'm truly disabled and have to lie down. I cannot push, or brush it off, and it can take hours to recover sometimes,  I went through all that Hypoglycemic testing and stuff, but it was undetermined, as my symptoms didn't go away just by eating,  so my question is, what the hell is it, docs can't pin, my psychiatrist thinks it's anxiety or GAD, ( even after 150 visits since 1998) I think it's physical caused, I just dunno anymore,
and it's got me really down, I have no income, have never worked, or driven a car, or anything, I live with my Dad, I can't have a normal or realistic life because of this, anyhoo, trying to keep positive !!! :action-smiley-065:

So write away lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help me figure this out!! ( Bad Weakspells)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:25:20 PM »
I have them too. I know what you mean they feel terrible you don't feel like doing anything. my arms and legs feel heavy and you just feel bad all over. I started having spells when I tried getting on Zoloft after I had been taking them for 2 months. I later switched to Prozac and took it for a year it really helped. I went off it and after 2 months the weakspells started and I tried getting back on Prozac couldn't because of insomnia. I have been having these for over a year now they were better for a while but I have had some bad ones. like you no dr knows what is causing them . I have had blood work and test. I sometimes feel weak in my chest which concerned me and I have echo of heart and ekgs. I know how you feel I try to keep going but it is hard. do you take any mediciation?
Bookmark and Share

Offline TonyL1

• Summer is here!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 07:47:28 PM »
I've taken every anxiety/depression med in the book over 16 years or so, not one had any real effect,
I've tried many SSRI's etc, Xanax, Zoloft, abilify, Seraquel , paxil, prozac, Buspar, Luvox, etc
and many many others, for good long runs, 8 months  more , I eat pretty good, no junk, I try to
exercise, (walk , bike ride etc when I can also ) my weight is good,
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 05:48:33 PM »
I've had the weakness, too, years ago. Along with fog head.

The doctor told me that the weakness was a form of "depression" even though mentally I didn't feel "sad". It  made sense to me.

I did go on Prozac with a benzo - but I practiced exposure therapy in conjunction with the meds.

Have you tried exposure therapy while on your SSRI's? It's important to try while on them because the meds alone don't work- they do take the edge off and enable us to start exposing ourselves to things that cause us to avoid. At least, that's what happened with me.

:action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline TonyL1

• Summer is here!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 12:04:35 PM »
Yeah, I went through 2 rounds of CBT on meds, last in 2011, there was 12 sessions, both attempts didn't do anything really
I ended up collapsing due to fatigue, on a exposure session on a bus, and that was with the psychologist, his words , well I don't think I can help you, you haven't improved,  so I don't go out unless I absolutely feel well enough, and never alone, and even then it can all go so wrong so fast, which it has many times, right now I'm bad off, I'm on no meds, due to liver damage from them,over the years,
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 12:41:19 PM »
Tony with your weakspells do you have like lightheaded and maybe chest tightness too. I have the same thing happen to me and I am not nervous or anxious either. I had a bad one Monday night and it started at 3:30 afternoon and didn't get better till 6:00. I also have some agrophobia I know a person don't want to go out feeling like that. Redapple with exposure therapy did you have some one to go with you? I have tried working on mine with my husband. I want to get over this so bad. I can function though in my town. my weakspells started when I went off Prozac. I don't know some thought it was part of the panic my symptoms sound like it but it is such an awful feeling. I usually then get scared. It does look like there would be some medicine that would help you. what about klonopin?
Bookmark and Share

Offline TonyL1

• Summer is here!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »
No, these debilitating weakspells, started when I was 15 or so,back in 1982, I lost highschool because of them at the time,
My weakspells usually start off with me feeling like total crap physically, if pushed more, then the headaches and stress kick in, as well as panic, and like it's been for ages, avoidance due to physical symptoms... As 80% of my agoraphobia.
I live with my aging dad, and have very little money from welfare like, ( which in itself is a cause of stigma and fear) as I seriously doubt, I can fend  for myself, if something happens to dad... So lots of dynamics here...
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 12:36:01 PM »
Tony with your weakspells do you have like lightheaded and maybe chest tightness too. I have the same thing happen to me and I am not nervous or anxious either. I had a bad one Monday night and it started at 3:30 afternoon and didn't get better till 6:00. I also have some agrophobia I know a person don't want to go out feeling like that. Redapple with exposure therapy did you have some one to go with you? I have tried working on mine with my husband. I want to get over this so bad. I can function though in my town. my weakspells started when I went off Prozac. I don't know some thought it was part of the panic my symptoms sound like it but it is such an awful feeling. I usually then get scared. It does look like there would be some medicine that would help you. what about klonopin?

Sorry I didn't see this post to me. I do exposure therapy alone and with people. If you think about it, even if you have someone with you, you're still doing the work :winking0008: It's nice to have someone along in case of a freak out :sprachlos020:

Your weak spells started when you went off Prozac? Probably because Prozac is quite stimulating....so perhaps your body got used to that feeling?

I've never been on Klonopin but I hear it is a great med, very similar to Lorazepam and it's longer lasting.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TonyL1

• Summer is here!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 12:42:43 PM »
Yeah, I tried Klonopin for a year or so, I can't remember, it too much,it was "foreveryoung" who was on Prozac
That got weakspells, , just in case the thread gets confusing lol
Bookmark and Share

Tags: